Martinez McMeyer - design voting

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.

How should he looks like?

Blue M on the helmet, blue T-shirt, blue stripes on his shoes, blue nuclear blaster, grey pants
45%
Green M on the helmet, green T-shirt, green stripes on his shoes, green nuclear blaster, grey pants
55%

Total votes: 20

Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

It's still just colors.

Mortimer is a recolor of Keen and Martinez is a recolor of Mortimer. A recolor of a recolor. Now you're unsatisfied with it and want to recolor your recolor of a recolor. This is recolor inception.

Martinez is supposed to be the opposite of Mortimer, isn't he? But isn't Commander Keen already the opposite of Mortimer? An opposite of an opposite is the same, so Martinez is the same as Commander Keen, isn't he? Or just Mortimer acting like Keen.

It's like if the rowdy ruff boys suddenly became good and there were evil power puff girls. The rowdy ruff boys would just be acting as if they were the power puff girls, thus, they are just the power puff girls, and the girls became the Rowdy Ruff Boys in personality. It would be the same story with the actors switching roles.
I'm the cool blue keener.
Dr.Colossus
Vortininja

Post by Dr.Colossus »

szemi wrote:Man, in the first release of Keen 9 Mortimer has blue pants. In the later versions he has black.
Why didn't you gave Martinez black pants and leave the rest green?
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

@Cobalt: Commander Keen's bad counterpart is Collapser Keen.
Mortimer's counterpart is Martinez... in a PARALLEL universe.

@Dr. Colossus: It doesn't fit good. (Maybe a little bit, but in my opinion not anymore.)
Yeah, piece of cake!
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

But Mortimer is the counter part to Keen already. Keen is the counter part to Mortimer.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Cobalt wrote:But Mortimer is the counter part to Keen already. Keen is the counter part to Mortimer.
I'd say rivals, not counterparts. Counterparts are for example from a parallel universe. (Mortimer's mirror counterpart is Martinez)
Yeah, piece of cake!
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

But if Commander Keen wears pink, Mortimer is black/red, Martinez was green but is changing to blue, what colors does that leave for Collapser Keen? Green? Yellow? White?

How many differently shirted keen lookalikes do we need?
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I think Martinez should be black and have white, blue and green clothes.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Cobalt wrote:But if Commander Keen wears pink, Mortimer is black/red, Martinez was green but is changing to blue, what colors does that leave for Collapser Keen? Green? Yellow? White?

How many differently shirted keen lookalikes do we need?
Nope. You completely misunderstood everything.

Martinez was green(as you saw the previous versions of Mart4), but not anymore as I changed his design to blue in order to make him Mortimerish(black pants, not blue pants like Keen has, as you see), so his old green look no longer exists.

Look:

It's how Mortimer looks like in Keen 9 (later versions) and NetKeen. Well, I designed Martinez with this scheme, but he is blue, not red.

Get it now?

Collapser Keen will be an opposite-shaded version of Commander Keen. But it's off-topic.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

"Opposite-shaded"? You mean the shirt will be dark purple where the light is touching it and light pink where it is obscured by shadow? :confused
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Cobalt wrote:"Opposite-shaded"? You mean the shirt will be dark purple where the light is touching it and light pink where it is obscured by shadow? :confused

Collapser Keen design. There's a C on his helmet symbolising "Collapser". But I don't know if G is better or not. What do you think?
Yeah, piece of cake!
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

I think Collapser Keen should have the mean Mortimer eyes and Martinez McMeyer should have the nice Keen eyes.
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Cobalt wrote:I think Collapser Keen should have the mean Mortimer eyes and Martinez McMeyer should have the nice Keen eyes.
That won't be really good.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

Why not? It makes sense to me.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Paramultart wrote:Why not? It makes sense to me.
You mean Collapser Keen's eyes are evil like Mortimer's and Commander Keen's eyes are "good"(heroic or something) like Martinez's?

It's good idea. But their colours will stay, I won't change them again.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Cobalt
Vorticon Elite

Post by Cobalt »

Can we have two versions of Keen 5? One with the green shirted Mart, and the other with blue?

Keen was wearing a red shirt in Keen GBC, right? So why not make colors interchangeable somehow.