Joriz:: and KeenQ?

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Joriz:: and KeenQ?

Post by ckguy »

I was looking through the memberlist to see how many spambots were still in there, and I found the user Joriz::

I'm not sure if I've heard this name before, but the main point is: On his website (linked to from his member page) he's talking about a KeenQ mod he made, with screenshots. Has anyone heard of/seen this mod before? There's tons of screenies, but the download links don't work, in fact they point to http:///

Now, here's the weirdest thing: there is supposedly a DOS version ... and a Windows versions. WTF? A Windows version of a Keen mod?? I'm considering emailing him, but I'm worried about getting spammed up the ass is it's all fake.

Any thoughts?
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Why don't you PM him?
Aaaah, not the bees!
Shadow Master
Lord of the Shikadi

Post by Shadow Master »

Go work on your level pack, slacker.
grafix
Chilling in Crystalus

Post by grafix »

I think said user is actually ezjay, judging from their MSN address. Since the cjb.net address that suffixes the MSN address points to his site, which has been around since late 2006, I think we can safely assume that it is real - or vapourware at the very least.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

I've never seen this mod before... looks interesting. Weird how it says you can get a Windows version though.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Neat, I had no idea he had a site for it. I've beta tested that mod and when I played it was pretty much complete already, but not 100%. It's very cool. But I don't know if he has completed it since, I haven't heard anything from him.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Yeah, it's definitely real, even if it's not complete.

As of the moment that I'm writing this, all the members are REAL members, no bots. I've made sure of that.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
Malvineous
Shikadi Webmaster

Post by Malvineous »

Also you might find the Windows version is just the DOS version with a prepackaged copy of DOSBox.
entropicdecay
Mad Mushroom

Post by entropicdecay »

Malvineous wrote:Also you might find the Windows version is just the DOS version with a prepackaged copy of DOSBox.
It could be.

Anyway, I wonder if it was ever completed... and I wonder if there are any other mods I'm not aware of. It's interesting to see one I didn't know about.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Actually, it seems it has just been completed! :) Head over to this topic:
viewtopic.php?t=61
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.