Keen Day 2014 Reminder

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Ceilick
The Dude

Keen Day 2014 Reminder

Post by Ceilick »

I meant to do this a few days ago to give a proper weeks notice, but...:dopefish

Hey! Keen Day, March 14, is right around the corner!

Whether you've got something planned to share with the community or not, mark your calendar. Lets see some activity this weekend :)

Remember that aside from the forum here, you can hang out with fellow Keeners at one of our IRC channels on foonetic.net:#PCKF #KeenModding #netkeen

Feel free to announce your Keen Day intentions here prior to the day of, or keep it a surprise.
Last edited by Ceilick on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:15, edited 1 time in total.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

I have some things, but nothing too special.
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

I wish I had more for this year, but I guess a few more Atroxian Realm screenshots wouldn't hurt ;)

I'm glad to see the notice. It would be great to have a more lively Keen Day this year.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

I would have liked to release a mod this Keen Day, but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it in time. Just plum ran out. It might be a lemm-level patch, but I need one to slow time. Maybe stop the sun from setting for 10 or 12 hours. :bloody
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Alas this is a busy year for me... but mark my words... Benvolio shall once again contribute to the Keen Day festivities *the pckf groans in unison*

Anyway, technically this is Keen month, in Europe anyway!!
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

I wish I had something to contribute, alas I don't have anything worth mentioning as I have been busy with school. The only thing I've done that's remotely related is try to work out the data file formats for Fatal Racing which has gone almost nowhere.

Maybe next year I'll try my hand at modding ;) and in the meantime I wish everyone a great weekend coming up!
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom »

Good to hear a couple of people have got things planned!

I have something quiet big to show (don't I TK?), but unfortunately it won't be Suburb Shenanigans. All that's holding it back is one boss patch from Levellass, who hasn't shown her face for a week or two around here. It's been 99% done since Christmas last year, we just need to sort out this patch.

I'm looking forward to more Atroxian Realm screens Gridlock!
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Nothing from me. :( I haven't had chance for anything Keen in the last couple months, and besides all that I don't have any projects very near completion anyway (I think I've made decent progress on The Hunt for Keen's Head but I want to make it Vorticons 2.0 and that's going to take time to learn and port my work so far to.)
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Benvolio wrote:Anyway, technically this is Keen month, in Europe anyway!!
Ha, good point, that'll be my excuse! :D Seriously speaking, I was planning to have a mod out for Keen Day, then I stopped working on it for about two months. Now I'm making good progress but it won't be out for Keen Day.

It's good to hear there'll be some things coming.

StupidBunny, can't wait to see new mods from you! Have you so far released anything else besides Clouds Unseen and that Comrade Keen thing? :dopekeen
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Ceilick
The Dude

Post by Ceilick »

We'll definitely have some things to enjoy this Keen Day, and for those who don't have something or something ready, remember to just hang out that day if you can :)

I'm not sure I'll have much to share myself: probably a number of unused mod graphics and an alpha of my Keen 1 mod (which unfortunately for the day doesn't star Commander Keen). I'm not sure I can promise anything SOTV related other than more graphics or enemy profiles.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I have something for keenday, that will not be released on keenday but sometime later when it's done. :foot Seriously, that's not a joke. But hopefully it will be released soon.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

tulip wrote:I have something for keenday, that will not be released on keenday but sometime later when it's done. :foot Seriously, that's not a joke. But hopefully it will be released soon.
I hope so, too.
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

KeenRush wrote:Have you so far released anything else besides Clouds Unseen and that Comrade Keen thing? :dopekeen
Go to KeenWiki and look up "Bobrick Tower". It's a one-level mod that took 4 (highly sporadic, almost entirely inactive) years to make.

There's also "The Worst Keen Fangame Ever!" which was almost funny except for the intro and end texts which were too self-aware for the game's own good. I released a demo of an unfinished fangame called "Return of the Vorticons" which has I think vanished off the internets, and a very unfinished Keen 4 mod at some point.

I think that's been it. I look forward to a time in my life when I can get back into modding, but it remains to be seen when that will be.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

'K, I'll check that Bobrick Tower out. Don't know how I've missed it. Not interested in the fan games. 8) Clouds Unseen still one of the best mods out there.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
T-Squared
Vortininja

Post by T-Squared »

Nothing major from me, just yet. I might release the test level I've created to work out the graphics bugs for my Cosmo mod. (BTW, if I do release the files for episode 1, there will be spoilers in the other levels, so don't be nosy!)
Cosmo II: HUMANIZED!!! Progress:
Graphics: 15% Complete
Story: 100% Complete
Music: 5% Complete
Programming Modifications: 5% Complete (FINALLY! SOME PROGRESS!)

http://www.tsqproductions.com