The Lego Movie

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

The Lego Movie

Post by Lava89 »

Anyone see this yet? I have to say, this is an awesome film! Definitely one of the best animated movies I've seen in years.
Last edited by Lava89 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

I haven't seen it yet but my friends have and told me about the tv show in it... I can't find my pants
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
mortimer
Blistering Barnacles

Post by mortimer »

:garg :garg :garg :garg :garg
Last edited by mortimer on Sun Jul 12, 2020 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
Billions of blue blistering barnacles in a thousand thundering typhoons!
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

looks like an orgy of hipster garg. so ill definitely be watching it.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

I kinda do and I kinda don't. On the one hand I do want to see the movie, but from the promos I've seen it looks a bit underwhelming. The jury's still out...
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

The trailer underwhelmed me also. It appeared a little derivative, like Batman was a prop for the whole story to centre around. Maybe it's good though as the majority of people are raving about it.

Personally it just inspired me to play a game of Lego Keen :crazy
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

It is not great, but rather good. It avoids being a product shill and has some awesome CGI-block mergering. I recommend seeing it, or at least illegally downloading it. (Who am I kidding, do Keeners ever pay for movies?)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Roger_Klotz
Vortininja

Post by Roger_Klotz »

I went to the theater a couple months back to watch this. I was pretty impressed. It exceeded my expectations for a lego movie.
'90s Kids Unite @ the Power Rangers Forum - https://generationz.jcink.net
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Christian Weston Chandler is a fan. There ya go. Instant quality. 8)
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

since most animated films suck donkey balls it doesn't mean much when someone says this film is the best animated film they've seen in a while.

its bizarre since i love CG but i dunno whats going on with these god damn dreamworks/pixar movies man. they're a freakin dime a dozen.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Levellass wrote:...
(Who am I kidding, do Keeners ever pay for movies?)
I doez! :p Though I should re-consider my Shareware/Abandonware policy for Keen and get a real Steam copy.

I've forgot to mention that I've gone to see it about a month ago as well. I agree with Levellass, it's no Avatar but the movie is actually quite good to see; a cool story with a creative - albeit predictable - way about character and plot development. The ads undersell it a bit.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Bernie wrote:since most animated films suck donkey balls it doesn't mean much when someone says this film is the best animated film they've seen in a while.

its bizarre since i love CG but i dunno whats going on with these god damn dreamworks/pixar movies man. they're a freakin dime a dozen.
Do you mean our current era or for all time? 'Cuz I can list off some animated films that don't suck from the bygone classic ages if you want.
Bernie
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bernie »

oh no i was basically attacking those pixar/dreamworks bloody CG dime a dozen goddamn things.

sorry i dunno why it angers me so. (strange since my favourite 'animated' film is probly Toy Story.)
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Bernie wrote:oh no i was basically attacking those pixar/dreamworks bloody CG dime a dozen goddamn things.

sorry i dunno why it angers me so. (strange since my favourite 'animated' film is probly Toy Story.)
I agree with you there. Out of all the official pixar movies, Toy Story is the only one I would consider an animated classic. Since then they've somehow been riding the coattails of their own first movie to such an extent they managed to fool the masses into believing all their other movies are automatically as good as Toy Story! :dead2

Some of the ones that annoy me the most are Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, and Ratatouille, which is bizarre because they seem to have the most fans, and the ones I actually think are as good as Toy Story (Cars and A Bugs Life) are the most hated and panned of them all. I just have unpopular taste (what a surprise coming from a keener, eh?)
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I think Monsters Inc., Incredibles and Ratatouille are the best Pixar Movies, and Toy Story, A Bug's Life and Cars the worst. No kidding.
Image You crack me up little buddy!