Weather overview - one day in one/two minutes

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
SupFanat
Vortininja

Weather overview - one day in one/two minutes

Post by SupFanat »

I think it's the best way to overview the entire weather of a day.
If it gets implemented as I suggested, such thing as gaps would disappear as long as the system works properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC1Xea8Kyfo

Visting a viewing platform is extremely annoying - photographing all the time but still more gaps than coverage. Just imagine - left, right, forward, backward, left upward, right upward... All these directions need to be included. Extremely annoying. Downloading a daily timelapse which is from 100 MB to 300 MB is much easier.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Oh dear. This should be addressed. Does every single thing that comes to your mind needs a new topic? There's facebook for this. If I posted a new topic for every fucl single thing I found on the internet, I would have flooded the forum. Almost every day you are posting things that belong more in the off topic thread than for new topics.
SupFanat
Vortininja

Post by SupFanat »

Oh sorry. Don't you have the same problem on viewing platform? It's enough annoying to avoid them. Why bother photographing the entire day if it could be easily automatically done and then compressed to just one or two minutes and reviewed everywhere, for example in the underground (subway, metro)? I like doing a job but not such job that should be automatized. Or do you want to do all the calculations in Commander Keen on any other computer game manually? Good luck. :dopefish
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Sup, a while back the Off Topic thread was created for smaller discussion points like these. That thread has grown to be quite an effective and popular general discussion area. You might have better luck posting things there than on new threads.

Time lapse footage is always cool though, yeah. I like how in the example you linked you can see the clouds from all around reflecting off buildings.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
SupFanat
Vortininja

Post by SupFanat »

Thank you for your reply. That's OK, the next small discussion can be done in the "offtopic thread".
I think, if such service as I suggest gets implemented, it could allow the user to save a lot of time and efforts but nonetheless to view much more than this user could view without such service. If I were planning my own skyscraper with an viewing platform, I would necessarily add this function to it. If it's illegal to add such function then I'd hate the government of my country for being too restrictive.
SupFanat
Vortininja

Some facts

Post by SupFanat »

The annual need for storage for such thing can be as low as 120 GB.
It's just FIVE BR-R or 4% of 3 TB big HDD.
Very, very low price compared with the effect - all gaps disappear for a year - the weather film in my city would be completely gapless - only for few dollars or euros. The work of those who create this thing (I hope it's going to be implemented) allows the user to do much less and get much more so it deserves payment. 365-366 USD/EUR/GBP per year to get this thing completely (1 USD/EUR/GBP for every download) is a very low price. Again, if done as I say, all gaps disappear completely and you don't have to do manual job. Since the manual job would be much more expensive, this 1 USD/EUR/GBP per download would even unimaginable cheap - compared with 24 hours work (0,04 USD/EUR/GRP per hour).[/quote]