Have you had any weird or out of place ideas for a mod?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
LaserPineapple
Meep

Have you had any weird or out of place ideas for a mod?

Post by LaserPineapple »

The only one I can think of is that some vorticons that wanted to conquer planets, went to mars as a start and started to build theyr own robot army using enslaved gargs and yorps, and they test the the tanks using gargs and yorps, using the gargs and yorps as practice targets, and if they see that the gargs and yorps dont want to work on building robots and testing them or see that theyre just useless for them, they just throw them into incinerators and burn them to death, and keen must stop them and all, to be honest I find it out of place.

Now that I think about it, I actually like the idea. Yup...
One day I will have a signature. Does this count?
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Interesting idea, what kind of mod engine would this be? (Keen1,2,5 etc)

One idea is to maybe make it a Keen4 mod, so you can make the yorps you're trying to save replace the elders?
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Well try watching Jupiter Ascending. The movie isn't good, but it might give you some ideas of this kind of story through Keen perspective. Also Tomorrowland.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Sounds like it could be canon, except for the ending where keen saves everybody.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
LaserPineapple
Meep

Post by LaserPineapple »

Lava89 wrote:Interesting idea, what kind of mod engine would this be? (Keen1,2,5 etc)

One idea is to maybe make it a Keen4 mod, so you can make the yorps you're trying to save replace the elders?
welp, from what i actually worked on yesterday after posting this because i like the idea and all, ill use keen 1.
One day I will have a signature. Does this count?
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

The weirdest idea I've ever had is for my perpetually-on-the-back-burner mod, Commander Keen in Bad Carma(ck) [http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/Bad_Carma(ck)].
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

I had the idea for a Canadian exploitation mod in which Keen travels north of the border in order to bring maple syrup thieves to justice.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

I've only had one idea for a Keen mod and it's pretty out there; Commander Keen M - Commander Keen in MineKeen. A Keen/MineCraft crossover game, levels in the overworld and nether world, Redstone powers his Blaster and an Enderdragon boss stage. My biggest problem is my lack of modding ability.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

I have one mod on hold where Commander Keen goes to some psychedelic weird place to find his head, which has gone missing somehow. I don't have much story beyond that.

Then there's the Comrade Keen remake, on a much longer hold, which is a remake of a mod that was already pretty weird. I guess Clouds Unseen was kinda weird too.

I like your idea...I always enjoy concepts which are coeval with existing Commander Keen plotlines, taking place behind the scenes where Keen himself isn't busy shooting things. I'd like to see more mods like that.
Zahrod
Grunt

Cool

Post by Zahrod »

Very interesting thinking.
"Hope For the Best, but Expect the Worst, and you will Never be Disappointed"