Monster flicks

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon wrote:I say there should be a monster flick on bunnies.
There is. It's called Night Of The Lepus and if you're drunk enough it's hilarious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xulXFB3-A3c
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon
Vortininja

Post by GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon »

Lord. It's already hilarious and I'm 100% sober.

Ah they could make a monster flick out of anything.
Formerly Boreas249.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I think it's an interesting concept. But try a disease, rabies maybe. Ten thousand rabid rabbits spreading disease and pestilence, breeding and spreading across the country.

But then our bunnies are hardier than the pathetic things Americans are used to.
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

Levellass wrote:I think it's an interesting concept. But try a disease, rabies maybe. Ten thousand rabid rabbits spreading disease and pestilence, breeding and spreading across the country.

But then our bunnies are hardier than the pathetic things Americans are used to.
Rabbits in New Zealand just don't know when to freakin' stop. >:
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

I really need to finish my mod. I have some great bunnies in it :)
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
Paramultart
VBB's Partner in Crime

Post by Paramultart »

I love you, MoffD. <3
"Father Mabeuf was surveying his plants"
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Paramultart wrote:I love you, MoffD. <3
Whoa! that's a little strong isn't it? :P I might send you a preview, but I have a lot to yet do on it.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I'll just leave this classic and obscure little movie here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0hBNcDCF2M
GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon
Vortininja

Post by GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon »

Ah yes one of my favorite flavors of cheese right there.

Best line in the movie right here, was right at the end:
"… Well you know something doctor? ...I'm not gonna worry about overpopulation just yet."

Haha, quality. They're gonna bone.
Formerly Boreas249.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Do you consider Pacific Rim, a "monster" movie? I thought that one was pretty fun. I also really liked the latest American Godzilla movie, though some complain there isn't enough monster action.

Maybe before the summer ends, I'll watch Cloverfield.

I recently trenched through all of the Godzilla movies (ok, ok, I skipped Son of Godzilla...but can you blame me??). But honestly The human side of the story usually drags on too much, for most of those.
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Mars Attacks.

Son of Godzilla made me think Godzilla was a female.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Lava89 wrote:I recently trenched through all of the Godzilla movies (ok, ok, I skipped Son of Godzilla...but can you blame me??).
This one, too? :spot
https://youtu.be/GMxrXMjPMcc
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Gamera>Godzilla. Just sayin'

I admit this one had me laughing though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps7syPPy8Vg
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

troublesomekeen wrote: This one, too? :spot
https://youtu.be/GMxrXMjPMcc
Definitely! That was a classic scene from Invasion of the Astro-Monster! (aka Godzilla vs Monster Zero)
MoffD wrote:I admit this one had me laughing though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps7syPPy8Vg
haha, the one with King Kong stuffing a tree down Godzilla's throat was awesome, I wanted to watch that movie when I saw that clip on the internet:

This is my list of 10 favorite Godzilla movies:
1. Godzilla (1954) - this is actually a really interesting sci-if movie if you ignore the special effects (but the black and white camera work helps with that) and an actually great film onto itself before the franchise got into the cheese....it's actually a pretty dark movie that weighs alot of gravity to Godzilla's destruction and treats his origin more scientifically, whereas the later films just employed the stupid "radiation created Godzilla" origin

2. Godzilla (2014) - I liked this movie as well because it treated the destruction more realistically and actually shows less of the fight scenes to put things more in perspective of the humans...it also showed alot more respect for the source material than the piece of trash that was the 1998 American film...it also brought back the more believable origin to Godzilla and the other kaiju

3. Godzilla vs King Kong - if you're going to watch a cheese fest, at least watch the classic
4. Godzilla 2000 - as much as I dislike most human stories in a Godzilla movie, the humans here are actually pretty fleshed out and the fight scene doesn't bore you to death like some of the other ones
5. Godzilla 1984 - this was a breath of fresh air if you were treading through all of the 60's and 70's ones...Godzilla is a real threat again and they don't bore you with the human stories as much
6. Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack - the human story sucked in this one, but it probably had some of the best fight scenes in the franchise
7. Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. - probably the best film that uses Mechagodzilla
8. Godzilla vs. Biolante - this had an interesting monster for Godzilla to fight and was a good follow up to the 1984 film
9. Godzilla: Final Wars - if you ignore the blatant attempts to rip off the Matrix with the human's and their martial arts, this actually has some cool fight scenes for Godzilla....who also obliterates the 1998 "Zilla" in this film
10. Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla - some people hated this one, but I think think it was one of the best "Hesei" Godzilla films..especially since I watched it after the unbearable MechaGodzilla II from the same era
Honorable Mention: Destroy All Monsters - if you skip to the end, after all of the stupid setup with the humans and just get to the fight this is actually pretty fun to watch, for being one of the 60's Godzilla films

I do realize my list is probably very different from others. My favorite Godzilla films are the ones that take things more seriously and focuses the least amount of time on the human subplot (unless it's really needed like I think it was in Godzilla 2014). I made a few exceptions to this if it has parts to it that really stand out, despite being a cheese fest (like the Kong Kong one).
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

It is now official, Godzilla is the best franchise ever.