shikadi's Levelpacks

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

shikadi's Levelpacks

Post by ckguy »

Does anyone have these? shikadi made four level packs in a fairly short amount of time early last year, and I only seem to have one of them now. They were uploaded to savefile.com, and the links seem to be dead now. So if anyone has the two Keen 3 levelpacks, or the Keen 1 levelpack (the Keen 6 levelpack is the only one I do have), I'd much appreciate an email or a re-upload somewhere.

I remember I wasted about an hour of Tulip's life as he tried to email shikadi's Death to the Vorticons to me; hopefully nothing like that will happen this time!

On a related note: Does anyone have any other levelpacks that aren't on spatang?

The only ones not on spatang that I have are: pLeitorian's 3rd levelpack, Twenty To (KeenRush's birthday levelpack from Dr. Witherstone), shikadi's Keen 6 levelpack, and the Mr. Black Pack.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I probably have them... but on my old computer's drive. :foot So hopefully someone else has kept them safe.

Do you have my XkyKeen1 level pack? I never submitted it to spatang so I don't know if anyone put it there.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

No, I don't have that one.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Damn. Well, I don't have it either at the moment... :old
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Re: shikadi's Levelpacks

Post by Syllypryde »

CK Guy wrote:......The only ones not on spatang that I have are: pLeitorian's 3rd levelpack, Twenty To (KeenRush's birthday levelpack from Dr. Witherstone), shikadi's Keen 6 levelpack, and the Mr. Black Pack.
Please tell me about that Keen6 levepack and the Mr. Black Pack.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Mr. Black Pack is an excellent Keen 3 level pack released just this week. Check out the releases section.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

KeenRush wrote:Mr. Black Pack is an excellent Keen 3 level pack released just this week. Check out the releases section.
Cool. I will give it a look-see!
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I have got the xkykeen1 levelpack, and the Yorphius II levelpack if you don't have that one.
Sadly I also only got the keen6 level pack from shikadi, but I'll send him a mail, so I hope he'll send them over.

Edit: I uploaded the Xkykeen Pack to bipship, if you need the Yorphius Pack, the link on KeenWiki is working: http://files.commanderkeen.org/users/st ... elPack.zip
Image You crack me up little buddy!
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Thanks!

And a question for you guys - where should levelpacks for mods go on my website? Should they be mixed right in with the levelpacks for official episodes? Or should they go in the mods section?

edit: 700 posts!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

I'd say in the level packs section, since they're levels and not mods. :) That's how I'll categorize if I ever get that far with any site.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Yeah, levelpacks is fine, because after all you tell for wich game/mod the pack is. I think there's no need for an extra section.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

CK Guy wrote:Thanks!

And a question for you guys - where should levelpacks for mods go on my website? Should they be mixed right in with the levelpacks for official episodes? Or should they go in the mods section?

edit: 700 posts!
I believe all levelpacks should go in the levelpack section, regardless if they are levels inspired from an official game or inspired for the mod of an official game.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Well, looks like that's 3 to 0! It will require a little bit of a behind-the-scenes change because of the way I implemented the levelpacks page, but it shouldn't be too hard.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

CK Guy wrote:Well, looks like that's 3 to 0! It will require a little bit of a behind-the-scenes change because of the way I implemented the levelpacks page, but it shouldn't be too hard.
You said you had Shikad's Keen 6 levelpack. How many levels has he done and is there somewhere it can be downloaded? I would be very interested in playing it.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Actually, shikadi the other day appeared out of nowhere with a new release of it, it's over on Keen: Modding.