Bombshell

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Bombshell

Post by Levellass »

So yeah, 3D Realms is still going? Got bought by Denmark or something? Who knew? And they lost the rights to Duke Nukem? Now they know our pain. But it seems they've made an interesting new game, with a female lead! *She has a robot arm!) Bombshell the "Duchess Nukem' as it were. They reference the Duke a LOT, wonder if they're going to sneak in any other refs?

Oh.

What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Nice one! I was about to post the same picture in the Keen References topic (but I was too dang lazy). Perhaps Keen isn't dead. I'm guessing he's using that Avatar technology. His consciousness is in a different body while his old one lay besides the glowing blue crystals. Apparently he lost track of the time.
Everything surrounding this game is more interesting than the game itself. :tired
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Who knew?
I KNEW!

I've had some hope, but this game SUXXX HARD! Turns out it's a trash. And I'm sick of those "keen is dead" references! Couldn't they come with something better? What a fucl garg. I'm really disappointed.
Zilem
Vortininja

Re: Bombshell

Post by Zilem »

Levellass wrote:So yeah, 3D Realms is still going? Got bought by Denmark or something? Who knew? And they lost the rights to Duke Nukem? Now they know our pain. But it seems they've made an interesting new game, with a female lead! *She has a robot arm!) Bombshell the "Duchess Nukem' as it were. They reference the Duke a LOT, wonder if they're going to sneak in any other refs?
I knew "Interstellar interactive" got hold on "3D Realms" a few years ago.
But, I'm also a Dane ;p
(and their headquarter is just 140 KM up north from me)

Sadly they Lost the "Duke Nukem" IP to Gearbox which did a Horrible job with "Duke Nukem: Forever" or was it 3D Realms, before gearbox took over and wrapped it up?
but then, Gearbox made the Atrocious Alien: Colonial Marines (one of my Favorite franchises)
and since i have not brought a single Gearbox thing aside the Collectors edition of "Home world Remastered" to get the "Pride of Higara" replica model.
but aside that i have not re-installed or played a Gearbox game since.

after THQ went bankrupt, no one picked up the "Home world" IP, and Gearbox got it cheap
(and Sega... kidnapped Relic studios, and since have done some odd DLC practices)
and made a Re-make of the Original home world - with a lot of Bugs and Balance issues
Where Frigates took out fighter class ships with ease. original they had issues hitting them, and the Anti frigate fighters took them out with ease, but now whole squads of Anti Frigate/Capital fighters are turned into scrap metal before they get in range to fire a single shot... >.>

And Bombshell where originally meant to be a Duke Nukem Game, and it can be seen several places.
and likely Shelly was to be a side kick instead of the Robot arm "Amiga" and maybe the co-op player, Who know?

Also, do this Scenery look familiar?:
Gearbox and 3D Realms settle Duke Nukem lawsuit
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

"Keen"'s legs look longer relative to his body there. I wonder if they imagined him as older at time of death.

It's an interesting compliment - a challenge so difficult not even Keen could beat it. Not that it's anything new.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

He's 8 years old, that doesn't set a very high bar.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.