Save Fox News!!!!!!!

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Sure is protesty here at the moment, what with Waitangi day (Protests about indigenous matters) and the TPP (Protests against big business.) There hasn't been such unrest in nearly two decades I don't think. A whole lot of people are crowding around, holding signs and enjoying a 'carnival atmosphere' http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/a ... d=11584605

Gee it must be interesting in other countries to see even larger numbers of people gathered in such peaceful and focused manners...
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

I am going to venture away from America for a little bit, not that I hate America or Americans, I just don't like how politics and guns and the GOP are attempting to tear America apart

Now here's a subject many foreigners simply do not understand

Kangaroos
Australia is full of them, foreigners criticize the Kangaroo Cull, if we did not have the cull, Kangaroos would simply out run the country and cause environmental damage and our agriculture would be under threat, which is why regrettably they must be hunted, foreigners need to understand the mechanics before criticizing something they do not understand

I just wish people would understand why Australia must keep it kangaroo population capped and yes I will admit I have eaten roo before and I like it, however Russia was our biggest exporter but now have stopped buying roo meat completely therefore the cost of roo meat has skyrocketed and therefore Australia is not selling enough to break even, meaning the industry faces an uncertain future
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

There are no kangaroos near where I live :(
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

KP I was just defending the kangaroo meat trade to foreigners who simply don't understand why keeping numbers down is important, think of it as a Australian defending gun control which of course we all know works, it is just America don't know what is good for them, they simply refuse to move with the times, just like Australia don't when it comes to achieving marriage equality, yes it is true that not all 50 states have made same sex marriage legal, however they are all still recognized throughout the US, even Australia's neighbor NZ told the church to fucl off and made it legal, it is time Australia did the same thing and put religion and politics aside!
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Ha, In your face Trump!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02 ... 47852.html

Now if only the American people had any sense to deny the office to this greedy racist republican who doesn't care about making America great again at all!

He doesn't care about his supporters, Trump only cares about Trump, same goes for when Tony Abbott became Australian Prime Minister, Abbott didn't care about Australia and still doesn't, Abbott & Trump only care about themselves, They're both traitors, Why? Because they're conservatives who only care about there share portfolio and to do this, they will attack venerable people and the environment to achieve themselves maximum return on their investment!
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I for one hope he gets the nomination. People are always dropping hints and using guarded language but he says all the terrible things too many people are thinking. It would be nice to see a run where such ideas were dragged out into the open and we could see decisively how much support they had. I think he'd lose terribly, but if he won, well then America would deserve what it got.

Also, it's not my country so what the hell?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Well, he could easily start a war in the South "Chi-nuh" Sea. I for one am not keen on that.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

I'm with Levellass and do hope that he gets the nomination. But I'm not so sure about this proposition of yours:
Levellass wrote:I think he'd lose terribly, but if he won, well then America would deserve what it got.
What makes you so certain that he'd lose? do just take a look at the conservative Polish votes, France's Front National, Greece's left+right coalition, and even Germans uprising AfD. populism seems to rise everywhere. and with that being said, this is not only an US issue. in my thinking this is just the signs of the times. trump only pushes this to the limit. and he is effectively good at it, isnt he?

so maybe we need an escalation in order to get aware of the values, we want do re-integrate in our societies. nevertheless, driving this thing straight against the wall is a risky thing to do, because the outcome cannot be predicted. so what emotions to have? hope or fear the worst? or anything in between?

well, let me put in my twopenn'orth:
this is politics, isn't it. you will perish if you don't realize that an unarmed prophet will always go to the gallows.
despite that it's not at all about the abasement of morality. there is no conflict because the public life has its own morality, to which any absoulute personal values (like Christian principles for e.g.) tend to be gratuitous, obstacle.
so step back from any of your personal moral prospects and enjoy the show.

amen

ps.: for all of you interested why trump indeed could be a gift to democracy itself, check out this posting. In my opinion that guy makes a good point...
out now (link) : Image
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Trump isn't entirely wrong in everything he says. However, his methods seem too radical and potentially destructive. Were I an American citizen, I'd steer clear of the guy.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

And it gets better, now we have the pope calling the presidential candidate unchristian and trump firing right back defending his policies not so much for his faith

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/18/polit ... tian-wall/

can anyone imagine a lawsuit against pope francis by the billionare tycoon for what he could claim as defamation?
Up yours Fleexy!
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

Given Trump's gall and self-righteousness it could well happen, the chain of causality might look something like this; Trump sues Francis, Francis defends himself publicly, the world reacts negatively to Trump, Trump reacts to global denouncements.
Trump's reaction here could go either way depending on how the republicans feel about essentially damaging one of their bottom lines - the church - but given his behavior he may simply disregard the entire reaction altogether and stand firm, with or very likely without republican support.

Or I could just be blowing out of my backside. :|
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

There's nothing wrong with eating kangaroo if that's what's available.

Americans take the route of overbreeding the same few livestock because a) we're too picky, b) there's too many of us, and c) it's convenient.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:There's nothing wrong with eating kangaroo if that's what's available.

Americans take the route of overbreeding the same few livestock because a) we're too picky, b) there's too many of us, and c) it's convenient.
William this is probably a frivolous question as I am sure that you have never been to Australia which I will ask anyway, have you ever eaten skippy (aussie slang for kangaroo)?, I don't have a problem with eating skippy but I do have a problem with people eating Whale Meat unless it was used to survive on and not commercially hunted, you have Eskimos in Alaska who do hunt whales for food but not for profit and every season it is conducted under strict government supervision, you have people who condemn Canada for their yearly seal hunt which again is done with the strict government regulator, so that these hunts are done for survival and not for profit as they are done in Norway & Japan
Up yours Fleexy!
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Nope. How could that be possible? I can't just go to the grocery store and pick up kangaroo. Whale isn't widely available either, unless you count the ambergris in perfumes (yuck).
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Nope. How could that be possible? I can't just go to the grocery store and pick up kangaroo. Whale isn't widely available either, unless you count the ambergris in perfumes (yuck).
In Australia I believe that you were used to be able to find roo in Coles & Woolies, I don't know about now, perhaps another fellow Aussie would be able to back me up? and the worldwide trade of Whale Meat is illegal, as the Whale is a protected species and the trade in Whale Products has been outlawed since the moratorium enacted in 1986
Up yours Fleexy!