OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Sounds less like hate and more like a business mindset. Of course we lose the nice things when business comes first.
Levellass wrote:Boy, everyone's so eager to imagine hatred of Keen. Could this lead to the development of a conspiracy theory? Keen's Rights Activists?
The conspiracy is to hide the fact he himself is Mortimer McMire and he finally got the better of his nemesis in 1991.

Edit: undoing autocorrect's dirty work.
Last edited by Keening_Product on Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:37, edited 2 times in total.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Then... does that explain Daikatana?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

I blame Carmack less for Keen GBC and more for that, you know....hanging Keen in doom 2. THAT was much of a slap in the face to the fans. He could've just as easily made that a dopefish reference.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

Lava89 wrote:I blame Carmack less for Keen GBC and more for that, you know....hanging Keen in doom 2. THAT was much of a slap in the face to the fans. He could've just as easily made that a dopefish reference.
That was Adrian's fault. Although, Carmack would be the one to give an okay to it, and he is the kind of person who doesn't give any fucl.

By the way, I finally figured out the perfect signature.
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Meh. Really? Why Carmak should be in your signature anyway?

Don't you think Billy actually could make it just on time for dinner, if his spaceship moves really, really fast? So fast that by the time he went on a far away planet (for like a few minutes), an Earth day on that planet might be just a minute on Earth. But that would also make him much older than 8.
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

wiivn wrote:But that would also make him much older than 8.
*insert picture of stereotypical overgrown nerd living in parents basement*
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

wiivn wrote:Meh. Really? Why Carmak should be in your signature anyway?
Because he's a living meme
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

*nerd glasses on* 8)

Unless he's actively evolving and changing based on what helps him remain relevant in pop culture, is it really possible for him to be a living meme?

The definition of "meme" started out a fair bit narrower than many think... but the recent evolution of the definition is in line with said definition.

Disregard this post.
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Plasma Captain
Vorticon Elite

Post by Plasma Captain »

Levellass wrote:Boy, everyone's so eager to imagine hatred of Keen. Could this lead to the development of a conspiracy theory? Keen's Rights Activists?
I think this was all that needed to be said on the matter of John Carmack. For everyone who agrees with me, don your makeshift tinfoil hat disguises and let's slip out quietly before we're rounded up and brutally sacrificed to a lurid idol of Tom Hall by everyone who doesn't.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Don't you think Billy actually could make it just on time for dinner, if his spaceship moves really, really fast? So fast that by the time he went on a far away planet (for like a few minutes), an Earth day on that planet might be just a minute on Earth. But that would also make him much older than 8.
Well we know how long it took him to get there, in terms of 'furious games of paddle war', this puts a rough lower limit on his speed, and, assuming it's across the galaxy, it's superluminal. Keen should be traveling back in time. (Possible since we hear talk of phototachyons.)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon
Vortininja

Post by GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon »

This thread has gotten very on-topic for being an off-topic thread.
Stop it. Derailing the thread was supposed to be impossible and now it's found rails! Time to derail it again!!! Nonsense must be posted everywhere!
Formerly Boreas249.
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

AAAHHHH!!!! :O

x^3 = [T(x)^2] - [T(x-1)^2]

Cubes can be calculated by finding the difference between two ordinate squares in the Triangular Number Set.

AAAHHHH!!!!! :O
VikingBoyBilly
Vorticon Elite
Location: The spaghetti island of the faces of dinosaur world for a vacation

Post by VikingBoyBilly »

Levellass wrote:

Well we know how long it took him to get there, in terms of 'furious games of paddle war', this puts a rough lower limit on his speed, and, assuming it's across the galaxy, it's superluminal. Keen should be traveling back in time. (Possible since we hear talk of phototachyons.)
I have no reason to believe this theory isn't a lie.
"I don't trust players. Not one bit." - Levellass
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

So Romero posted on twitter that he's going to do a live stream, and he made a poll about which game he should play. The problem is though that you can submit your own answers.

Please look at all of the options of this poll.
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
chrissifniotis
Vorticon Elite

Post by chrissifniotis »

ScarletFlame wrote:So Romero posted on twitter that he's going to do a live stream, and he made a poll about which game he should play. The problem is though that you can submit your own answers.

Please look at all of the options of this poll.
Proving once again that the internet is, for the most part, a wonderful meeting point of trolls and idiots. :birthday