meat or veggie

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.

Which do you love?

Meat
43%
Veggie
57%

Total votes: 21

Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

Here is something interesting to read that most Norweigans would already know about their prison system but those outside of Norway who wouldn't know, so here it is

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35813470

Breivik claims he's human rights being violated and is suing his own country regrading his treatment but in fact when you compare the penal system in other parts of the world and Norway, he is very lucky to have the freedoms mentioned in the link above, so I think his law suit should be throw out, let's not forget Breivik is a self confessed convicted terrorist, he is serving a max 21 years whereas of in Australia a life sentence is 4 years higher than the Norwegian equivalent, Innocent people died as a result of Breivik's behavior, if I were him and were convicted in Australia of the same crime, I would prefer to be rotting away in an Aussie Super Max Federal Prison where conditions are a lot more tougher than in Norway
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

That's Europe to ya. Just like everyone likes to preach about the importance of multiculturalism here, those same people would probably like to instead transfer prisoners to five star hotels or something. Human rights activists at their best.

Myself, I think death sentences should still be a thing, tailor made for monsters like Breivik.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

Nospike wrote:That's Europe to ya. Just like everyone likes to preach about the importance of multiculturalism here, those same people would probably like to instead transfer prisoners to five star hotels or something. Human rights activists at their best.

Myself, I think death sentences should still be a thing, tailor made for monsters like Breivik.
I cannot agree more, Australia officially ended capital punishment in 1984, when Western Australia ended the practice in the same year when it was abolished nationally, the last execution in my home state of Victoria was in 1967 when Ronald Ryan was hanged, if Norway did have the death penalty I would like to see Breivik hanged instead of being given a needle, Lethal Injections in the US are made to sound like humane treatment where as of Hanging the commended is more than likely to suffer instead of having drugs pumped into their system
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
ComissionerDeWitt
Vortininja

Re:

Post by ComissionerDeWitt »

KeenRush wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2016 14:12 I've certainly come across the types of vegan who need to proclaim they're vegans - when no food is in sight and nobody is even thinking of offering it, and no plans for going out to dine. The only reason I can think for it - and I have tried to - is that they haven't gotten over the guilt of eating meat before their transition. The guilt, I for sure cannot understand: I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't give a **** about the matter. I don't even see the difference between non-human animals and plants. What is it? Different types of cells? To me - animals and plants alike - are unconscious, lifeless, and in any case about to face extermination (in my views, of course - climate change, nuclear wars, dust clouds to block the sun etc :mort :goth).

I know this is two years later, but...... what the actual :garg ? o-o
Meet Vinny Vorticos! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4054
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Re: meat or veggie

Post by keenmaster486 »

Let's not start this flame war now.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

candy,
candy, candy,
candy, candy, candy,
candy, candy, candy, candy...
out now (link) : Image
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
ComissionerDeWitt
Vortininja

Post by ComissionerDeWitt »

KeenRush wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:09 What's so strange, Commissioner? :disguised
Your little mini-speech about how plants and animals are all unconscious and lifeless :P

Trees give us oxygen, flowers have pollen, help the bees, smell nice, and look pretty. Animals give us food, and are great companions, but can also be super dangerous and can skewer you quite easily.

But if theyre really just lifeless, then is that dog over there just a robot? :dead2
Meet Vinny Vorticos! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4054
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Perhaps KeenRush meant that they do not have souls.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.