Skate the Squirrel

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Nisaba
Janitress

Skate the Squirrel

Post by Nisaba »

Once, long ago there was a game consisting of naught but one level. Then it was given a squirrel and made complete. Do not ask why, this is just a thing that happened.

Something an associate knocked together to test a squirrel character called 'Skate'. Apparently something bigger is in the pipeline. The game, such as it is, can be downloaded here: but requires DosBox to run.
where?
out now (link) : Image
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

I know of only one squirrel, which appears at the last second of this video:
https://youtu.be/ch-RsTUoeIY

But we're really talking about this video:
https://youtu.be/X2-ux-fMzJU

Oh Skate Nutkin. Who knew it would be the most sought after game of the year?
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Oh, link didn't save or something. It's here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3940020/A_SKATE.zip

A few older Keeners will recognize the mod involved, patched to be a complete, though exceedingly short and pointless, game. It was test of a few patches.

LL is having me work with her on a far bigger Keen 4 project with some guy. Its resulted in some... interesting patches and conversations. But my time is so limited, it moves at a snail's pace.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

never forget your origins... Xky's One Level Mod
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Cool!
Levellass wrote:LL is having me work with her on a far bigger Keen 4 project with some guy. Its resulted in some... interesting patches and conversations. But my time is so limited, it moves at a snail's pace.
:eek Wow, that's like pretty good news!
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Woah Levellord is modding... I didn't know that! And that's a great little squirrel sprite... so was it Levellass that made the squirrel? A bizarre modification I daresay.
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

I love the squirrel. So Levellord is back in the game... well, why doesn't she come back over here and inject some words of wisdom once in a while?
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Was the squirrel made by Scarlet? I seem to remember him drawing it for a project called Becky Blaze: A Run Through the Forest. Not sure if he drew it from scratch though. I could be completely wrong.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I haven't the faintest idea. The mod itself is just a quick patch job basically, and there's a sequel now, based on one of Herry Jerry's projects: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3940020/SKATE2.zip

It was done in a few hours, mostly just to see if she could. The actual, serious project is Keen 4 based, but I warn you, if you have a beta or unfinished mod, protect it now or who knows what will happen to it.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Levellass wrote:[...] but I warn you, if you have a beta or unfinished mod, protect it now or who knows what will happen to it.