Flect and his replacement on keen 8 trouble

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
IceDuck347
Vortininja

Flect and his replacement on keen 8 trouble

Post by IceDuck347 »

Wery well.... at last i can make my question. And it's. Why flectand his replacement on keen 8 the first first FIRSTtime they meet whit you. They hit the ground stunning keen. This hapener FIRST time i meet they and this has no repeated in years. Please can you say me the reason of this???
:begging :begging
Signed. IceDuck347 Have a nice day!
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Welcome back to the PCKF, IceDuck347.

I deleted your accidental double post. For future reference, I'm pretty sure all users can delete their own posts so long as nobody has replied and they delete shortly after posting.

Sorry, I can't answer your question.

KP
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Wait, what happens now?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

I think he's saying an enemy stuns Keen in a "cutscene", such as it is, but never actually does it in gameplay proper? And he wants to know why it's not a gameplay attack? I think?
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
IceDuck347
Vortininja

Post by IceDuck347 »

i wish i can send a video, but im really sure that the first time i saw flect (and that mirror like brick creature that replaces him on episode 8: dead in desert)
it is suposed to make keen's blast bounce and stun keen, but well, the FIRST time i saw flect, he just hit the ground whit his giant theet, stunning keen like it was a blooguard. exactly the same happened whit mirbot (i searched on shikadi.net) :p
IceDuck347
Vortininja

Re: Flect and his replacement on keen 8 trouble

Post by IceDuck347 »

Well, i was thinking on how can i explain this, because my english level is not enought to give you a complete desription of my idea, but i hope you understand what i'm trying to say.

I was very inactive, i know...

So... i decided to rewrite this question, this time, trying to be more specific, because i missed a lot of details.

So, as i was talking before... the very first time i saw Flect in Commander Keen 6, it was suposed to walk towards Keen, but, instead of doing that, it stopped moving, and then hit the ground with his teeth, just like it was a Blooguard. I have to admit that i get scared, because it wasn't suposed to do that, i closed the game, and then i tried to make it repeat that, but i tried a lot of times, and it never happened again, same thing happened the Verh first time i saw Mirbot in Commander Keen 8, but instead of hitting ground with his teeth, he somehow dropped himself to the ground.

I swear i'm not crazy, even my little sister saw Flect hitting ground and stunning Keen like a Blooguard.

I don't want to belive that there's some kind of paranormal thing that detects when a kid sees Flect for the Very First time and makes it hit the ground.

Similar thing happened with te "No Clipping" cheat sign, but i don't care so much about that...
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

Sorry for the late reply, but what you mentioned sounds familiar. I vaguely remember playing Keen 6 many years ago and being stunned when there was a flect, but no Blooguard around, although I think I wrote it off as just missing where one was. Is it possible that some memory/sprite glitch happened?
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
IceDuck347
Vortininja

Post by IceDuck347 »

oh, I was thinking about a glich, but i'm not sure.

About the no clipping cheat code sign, the very first time i saw it it was small like the god mode sign, but only the first time, now it's like the jump cheat sign.

I'm gonna check commander keen 6 again...

PD: I was playing a keen 6 version that requires you to give the name of the enemies before playing...