Obligatory Trump thread (let's keep it civil)

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Obligatory Trump thread (let's keep it civil)

Post by Nospike »

I think we all knew this thread was going to happen eventually, so I might as well steal the credit. :p

What are your thoughts on the election results? Personally, as a non-US citizen, I'm sorta glad Trump won and not Clinton. Not a fan of her for a multitude of reasons - for starters, she reminds me of Merkel way too much. Not that I outright support Trump, but I feel like he's by far the lesser evil in this case. (Plus, I'm hungry for memes.)
candyjack
Vortininja

Post by candyjack »

This is great news. The more we ignore global warming, the sooner everyone dies. The sooner everyone dies, the more the misanthrope in me rejoices.
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x].
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Hey hey! Hillary won the popular vote, right? So everybody's a winner! Yay! :british
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Everything's going to turn out OK. (The past posts on that blog for the last few months are really great. If you have time, I suggest you read them too!)
Keening_Product
Kuliwho?

Post by Keening_Product »

Having seen the really awful comments made by Dilbert's writer on Twitter against Trump's opponents, I'm not sure I can take that link seriously. (No, I'm not saying their views are invalid because they are a Trump supporter. I'm saying they're a prick.)
Keening_Product was defeated before the game.

"Wise words. One day I may even understand what they mean." - Levellass
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

No matter how dump trump is regarding global warming, he cannot stop the green revolution that is already underway. In a few years the beginning of the end of the oil industry will start.

In the mean time, we can only hope that he won't ignite a nuclear war... My hopes are that he, as a businessmen, will concentrate his efforts in revitalizing the economy of his own country rather than care much abroad. And that will embrace other countries to do the same rather than reading this as a green lit for them to start wars because he is a pussy and he won't stop them.
lemm
Blorb

Post by lemm »

made like $800 on this

:crazy :drool 8)
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Well, now it's only a matter of time until Rorie comes out of retirement to blow his signature hot air.

I really think the doomsday predictions about Trump are extremely overblown. He's not going to start a nuclear war; he's not going to crash the economy; he's not going to act like a child as president. President Trump will be a lot different from Campaign Trump.

The rest of the Western nations (Canada, Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, etc.), i.e. America's strongest allies since at least before WWII, will not be affected hardly at all, indeed; if the American economy begins booming as Trump claims it will, they will benefit.

China and Mexico will be hardest hit; I think Trump really does mean to cut off free trade with those countries. Personally I think this is the wrong way to go about things; the right way is to make America so attractive to businesses that they will move back here from Mexico and China of their own volition. As it is, taxes and regulations are so burdensome that it's only logical to move away. He would have to reduce those first before he slaps that 35% tariff on Mexican companies. The tariff by itself would just kill the businesses.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

keenmaster486 wrote:The rest of the Western nations (Canada, Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, etc.), i.e. America's strongest allies since at least before WWII
You might want to re-check your history books, dude. :dopekeen
Either that, or spend some more time with Billy's grandfather, killing Nazis.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

I don't really know what to say other than a lot of Trump supporters have been attacking anyone who disagrees with them online, like calling them degenerates and stuff like that. But oh well, what can you really do about that. I'm not a fan of either of them tbh.
:smokin
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

K1n9_Duk3 wrote:You might want to re-check your history books, dude.
Let me rephrase that:
The rest of the Western nations (Canada, Britain, Australia, New Zealand, France, etc.), i.e. America's strongest allies since at least before WWII, and West Germany after WWII, Federal Republic of Germany after 1990, etc.

Edit: Also, many of those used to be just part of the British Empire.

If you're going to be a stickler about it. I was generalizing.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

keenmaster486 wrote:Well, now it's only a matter of time until Rorie comes out of retirement to blow his signature hot air.

I really think the doomsday predictions about Trump are extremely overblown. He's not going to start a nuclear war; he's not going to crash the economy; he's not going to act like a child as president. President Trump will be a lot different from Campaign Trump.

The rest of the Western nations (Canada, Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, etc.), i.e. America's strongest allies since at least before WWII, will not be affected hardly at all, indeed; if the American economy begins booming as Trump claims it will, they will benefit.

China and Mexico will be hardest hit; I think Trump really does mean to cut off free trade with those countries. Personally I think this is the wrong way to go about things; the right way is to make America so attractive to businesses that they will move back here from Mexico and China of their own volition. As it is, taxes and regulations are so burdensome that it's only logical to move away. He would have to reduce those first before he slaps that 35% tariff on Mexican companies. The tariff by itself would just kill the businesses.
First I haven't retired, I was blasting a lot of my anti-trump sentiment on Paramultart's forum http://www.pigif.us/

Anyways the election of Trump shocks me, The American people have been fooled and brainwashed by a man who pledges to make America great again, when the problem is he has no plan apart from isolate and divide America, his policies will hurt America and the world economy especially the way he treats Muslims and Mexicans categorizing them as terrorists and rapists, and his stance towards multiculturalism, when in fact the US and Australia have always been multicultural and I don't know how America thinks of this, but it is not Islam that is to blame it is all the garg coming from the media that has turned the tide against Muslims, Once again I will say that I am proud of multiculturalism In Australia, I am proud to be Aussie, and if I were American, I would be disgusted by the election result, Trump is a man who only is President not because he doesn't want to make America great again but only because he wants power and fortune and he certainly fooled America into them giving the country his vote!
Last edited by Rorie on Wed Nov 09, 2016 22:32, edited 2 times in total.
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

You guys seem a friendly and civil lot so I will go ahead and voice my opinion.

I am severely disappointed. Not only that, but I am, quite frankly, terrified, for both myself and my friends.

I personally am a disabled, bisexual transgender male. I have many friends who are also disabled. Many who are also trans. Many who are lesbian, gay, or bi. Many who are Muslim. Many who are minorities of any other sort. With what has just happened, this world has openly turned against us. I'd like to think it won't happen, but I am dearly afraid that we are no longer going to be anywhere near safe here.

I do very much hope I'm proven wrong. But until I am, if I am? I'm bloody scared.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

Don't worry. I don't think anything's going to happen to you.

I don't think Trump has anything against the LGBT...etc. community. Nor disabled people. My guess is your life and the lives of your friends will continue just as before.

Muslims, however? Well, I don't think he's going to go after Muslims who are already in the country. He's mentioned halting Muslim immigration but that wouldn't affect your friends.

Don't be too scared. Just live your life as you have before. You are granted rights by the Constitution just like every other American citizen (assuming you are American - I guess I don't know that for sure) and the minute Trump tries to take away any such right he'll be shut down like you've never seen before.