If Keen got a new game, what would you want in it?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

nanomekia wrote:Whiskey? Isn't Everclear vodka? :P
You don't find that out until you've bought it. To upgrade you can build a distillery and wait 3 IRL days for it to process OR you can buy the Quick Upgrade for just another $5!
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Ha! And of course you have to pay more for the isinglass to filter it...
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
gokaiblue
Grunt

Post by gokaiblue »

What I'd like to see in a new Keen game would probably be a 3rd person platformer in the vein of something like Banjo Kazooie. It would be a playful game with a wide open landscape yet sort of set path for Keen to follow. I would also like to see voice acting in the Keen games, even though this hasn't been seen in previous games and might be a bit jarring.
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

nanomekia wrote:Whiskey? Isn't Everclear vodka? :P
In the USA, I'd say it is whiskey.

check here and read the standards for "Class 2; whiskey." Should be in the second definitions on there. I think the key phrase is, "...and also includes mixtures of such distillates for which no specific standards of identity are prescribed."

Don't ask me why I know where all this garg can be found...

But back on topic, I'm sure Tom would have (another) stroke if someone took his game and found a way to turn it in to a pile of garg with micro transactions and excessive advertising. Like most "modern games"
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Huh. I bow before your knowledge of odd and random things, _mr_m_.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon
Vortininja

Post by GalaxyEyesPhotonDragon »

GLORY KILLS AND SPEEEEEEEDDDDDDD

Wait, wrong id game.

Just Keen stuff. Keen gameplay, maybe a few added features (nothing game breaking.) Keen humor, Keen story.

I just want Keen, is all.
Formerly Boreas249.
ScarletFlame
Vortininja

Post by ScarletFlame »

My favorite part in keen 6 was when you get to kill the spiderdemon at the very end.
RESTING SPACE
EXPLORER FACE
_mr_m_
Vortimaestro

Post by _mr_m_ »

ScarletFlame wrote:My favorite part in keen 6 was when you get to kill the spiderdemon at the very end.
ScarletFlame wrote:kill the spiderdemon at the very end.
ScarletFlame wrote:spiderdemon
I have fond memories of playing Keen 666
"I just drew this stupid little fish." -- Tom Hall
IceDuck347
Vortininja

Re: If Keen got a new game, what would you want in it?

Post by IceDuck347 »

I think keen's adventure from keen 1 to keen 9.5 it's a very nice adventure that would be more fun (in my oppinion) to make it take a bit more of realism and history. A first person interact game (like half life 2
or something) looks like an interesting way of making keen's adventure, just imagine you see all the world of mars, vorticon mothership, vorticon VI, gnosticus IV, the omegamatic, fribulus xax, krodacia, calidune, mort's bases, shikadus, altaire prime, frosthool, finally to return to gnosticus IV... all those worlds in a first person perspective, with cartoon graphics, phisics engine, puzzles to solve, NPCs (i imagine a co-op battle with princess lyndsey or lt. Barker against numerous enemies while waiting for a ship to come at our rescue or while waiting the player solve a puzzle), with new triks with the pogo, new enemies, places... it should be really interesting.
Signed. IceDuck347 Have a nice day!