Political Thread Discussion

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Re: Political Thread Discussion

Post by Rorie »

Anyways the long awaited question to Tony Abbott's Citizenship has been answered, he has posted proof on his twitter that he ceased his english citizenship in 1993

https://twitter.com/TonyAbbottMHR

Also another article worth reading
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-19/a ... ip/8721994
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Trump's failure to kill Obamacare is not only good news for the uninsured american but also good news for America
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-28/u ... al/8753826

But this saga is far from over as Trump's attitude is "Never Give Up, Never Say Die!, we all learn from the President that he has a political agenda to unwind every good thing that his predecessor achieved where as of Donald Trump has achieved nothing! absolute squat! and his honeymoon period is definitely over, he needs to work with not only the Republicans but also Democrats just like Bill Clinton did during his time, but again knowing Trump, he even refuses to work with Democrats, which I believe is a dangerous move when VP Mike Pence is waiting to back stab his boss in order to take his job from him!
Up yours Fleexy!
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

He fights to get what he wants, that's for sure at least.

Can't say the same about congressional Republicans.

Liberals are really good at getting what they want. Almost makes me wish I was a leftist.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-30/d ... re/8757366

Now President Trump is threatening congress that if ObamaCare doesn't go, Health Care will become 20% more expensive, glad I don't reside in the US, ATM it seems that Health Care v Politics don't mix especially with the Don at the helm!
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

The one thing I DO have to admit about this whole mess with the Mango Mussolini in office is that it is bringing all the reasonable people out of the woodwork in droves, and oh can we make an almighty fuss when we feel it necessary.

It would be nice if it wasn't necessary, but even so.
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Hey everyone,

This is just a friendly reminder that we have people from all over the political spectrum here. It's sometimes easy to accidentally gather a critical mass of Ingroup Opinion and thereby make other users feel unwelcome. Therefore, I'd suggest directing any criticism at actions rather than people, and avoid name-calling, even of politicians who (probably) aren't on these forums.

(Nothing posted here yet is really over the line, but it's best to head off such things before they happen.)

Relevant Stack Exchange: If you're gonna talk Politics, you must respect those who disagree. Relevant Slate Star Codex: Neutral vs. Conservative: The Eternal Struggle and kind of also Living by the Sword.

Thanks,
Fleexy
Last edited by Fleexy on Sun Jul 30, 2017 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: friendlier tone
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Ooh, Let's push the boundaries of political censorship on the PCKF
Donald Trump is a traitor and his day is coming, it may not be from me, but any whacked out American is waiting to snap, i mean it happened with Lincoln and JFK, and why? it is all in the right to bear arms
no offense intended but I thought that I would point out the nature of the beast, people die in America because guns are so easy to get, it happens any day, any time, any place and angry Americans are just waiting to be enraged by a President that they voted for
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Well that raises questions. Obama was a polarizing figure who was disliked by many Americans in a position to attempt an assassination. The important thing is not the president's actions or character but rather how they are perceived by the public at large. Trump has caused a great disturbance among some sectors of society, but that doesn't mean that those sectors will produce a shooter.

Another limit is how good the secret service has got at preventing assassinations; there is a lot more care taken now than in the past to protect the life of the president and those around him. I personally don't see an assassination coming anytime soon.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

George W Bush was just as hated as Barack Obama, and this was before 9/11 that Bush became a target for assassination and before all the security and protection the president has now, the world changed forever after that day and even in my part of the world being Australia (you not even allowed to take hot beverages through security even if you buy takeaway coffee at the airport) I was attempting my first solo domestic flight with a bit of assistance which of course was not needed in the end as I was okay to find myself and to board the plane, these days all this pyromania of security and terrorism affects all of life's, and it is due not just to the U.S government who exacerbated the terror threat but all of our elected politicians who keep feeding flame to the fire. even yes you guessed it? Donald Trump who every time opens his mouth North Korea retaliates with a missile launch, it appears Trump does not learn anything from his Republican predecessor that when you bite the hand that feeds you risk generating WWIII, If the US strikes against the communist North Korea the world situation will have become ten times worse!, mind you Trump is inexperienced with politics, he better learn and listen that bombing North Korea will be a mistake just like when the U.S bombed Japan back in WWII, It may have made the Imperial Army surrender but the effects from the nuclear bomb that was used affect many Japanese people today, people have died and the land affected by radiation cannot be used for many things including food production, sadly America has never apologized for it's actions and still Japan is America's strongest ally, I would think twice before making deals if weapons were ever used on Australia by the U.S, you just don't forgive someone even a government if they intended to commit maximum carnage for whatever reason!
Up yours Fleexy!
keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 »

There is some merit to the fear of assassination.

Think of the wacko who decided to kill the Republicans at their baseball practice. He almost succeeded! And these were high-ranking lawmakers. Of course the president is much better protected but it's not impossible.

All someone has to do is arrange to be present when the president walks by.

Or maybe there will be a coup from within the Senate, and Ted Cruz will be the first to stab the Donald in an echo of Caesar's assassination ;P
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

keenmaster486 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 15:10 Or maybe there will be a coup from within the Senate, and Ted Cruz will be the first to stab the Donald in an echo of Caesar's assassination ;P
How is Ted Cruz going to be able to become President?, I thought that the fourteenth amendment prohibited Americans who are born overseas from ever holding the office?, Senator Cruz was born in Canada but then later renounced his Canadian Citizenship which still makes him ineligible from attaining the office

I have searched and found the renunciation papers for Mr Cruz, hopefully you can all view the image

And speaking of the subject, In Australia we don't care if you're born overseas but by section 44 before you take up work as a MP or Senator, you are required by law to renounce any foreign citizenship, there has been a big beat up lately in the Australia Media and how many of our elected pollies have gotten away with this for so long, to put in case Scott Ludlam the former Greens Senator from Western Australia who claims for 9 years that he did not know he held New Zealand citizenship as that he is where he was born
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-12/n ... in/8907706
Did President Trump just sign his country's death warrant? Numerous Administrations have all tried and failed, if there was a nuclear attack on the U.S, it would be a first knowing Trump's suicidal act of political sacrifice not just for himself but for all the millions of Americans who will die because of their leaders stupidity by continuing to provoke a force not to be reckoned with!
Last edited by Rorie on Sun Sep 24, 2017 0:54, edited 1 time in total.
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

NK will get nuclear weapons, that is their primary goal. Whether they will have the ability to hit the US is debatable. Mainly they'd be best hitting SK or Japan. It'd end them either way.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

The Benefit of NZ using the MMP electoral system guarantees that neither National or Labor can govern in it's own right, Australia needs the same with the state of Australian Politics at the moment, with every minister in the Liberal Government backstabbing and deceiving their leader and why?, they all want to be PM when in fact there's only one MP who can have the job of being leader, if the shenanigans don't stop then they will face the fate of the last Labor Government that only lasted 6 years with 2 different Prime Ministers, Liberal has turned out the same with the small possibility of yet another PM before year's end!
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Of course this year gave the single greatest number of seats to the major two parties and the last government's partners all crashed and burned. This could be a bad omen.