Keen2 insane minimalism level competition/collection (final deadline Sept 20th)

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Shikadi-Network
Grunt

Re: Keen2 insane minimalism level competition/collection (final deadline Sept 20th)

Post by Shikadi-Network »

Can`t wait for it. :dead2 I will probably hate all level, because I am too bad for it. :D
The only frontier is our imagination - The Guy from Shikadi-Netzwerk
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Keen2 insane minimalism level competition/collection (final deadline Sept 20th)

Post by Roobar »

Then you're not gonna like mine for sure :). It's bigger and harder than my Keen 1 competition level. Though, given the difficulty of the previous competition levels, I'm pretty sure mine will not be considered hard compared to the others...
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

*checks watch*

*startles*

*packs some level ideas*

*transmits to Levellass*
out now (link) : Image
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

It occurs to me that perhaps the actual time limit isn't what gets levels completed, but the deadline. If there's a Keen 3 version it should be given a one week timeframe with panicked extensions every week after for a month.

We are now up to 8 levels! Quillax, Roobar, Rush and Nisaba, levels have been received. It's already the 20th here, but I'm willing to be lax if there's any more levels incoming, the entries so far have been awesome. (Also who judges the winner?)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Levellass wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 23:51 Also who judges the winner?
let's do a pol this time around!
three should be the number of options each user may select when voting.
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

I intend to send a level within 5 hours. (busy) :dead2

Edit: OKAY NOW
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

LEVELLASS

DUDE
MANG
BUDDEH

EHHH

SO HERE"S THE THING

IT"S AWESOME I PROMISE OKBUT

I NEED LIEK

AN EX

TE
NS
IO
N

BECAUSE

A DETAIL

UNTIL YE OLDE WEEKENDEBUTI"LLFINISHTOMORREHNIGHTOK

IT"LL MAYBE STILL JUST BE THE TWENTIETH SOMEWHERE KINDA

RIET

PAL?

IF YOU DON"T I"LL MAKE IT A FULL LEVELPACK AND IT"LL TURN INTO FIVE YEARS AND YOU"LL NEVER GET TO PLAY IT

*hyperventilates into a potato*
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

hurry up, dude!

in the meantime: is there already a fresh title-screen / menu-screen in the making?!
you might recall the screen someone contributed last time. (click me)
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Good to hear that there are already eight levels!
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Nine levels now that we have Troublesomekeen's entry. I'm holding off, waiting for Spleen, he usually does interesting stuff. Anyone else in the wings or do we have everyone?

Also Nisaba your level seems to have two Keens in it? one right by the exit and one in the upper right. Or is my level editor reading it wrong? When I start the game I appear in the upper right.
Nisaba wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 13:09In the meantime: is there already a fresh title-screen / menu-screen in the making?!
you might recall the screen someone contributed last time. (click me)
I had not considered that. I made a map that obeys the rules and I could adjust level 90 but a new title screen?
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

oh no. how is this even possible? please check your pm's. I've quickly updated the level and erased the Mortimer sprite. plus I added some deadly tiles, but that's a different story...

about the title screen: I could take care of it. but first I have to play some levels before I can come up with something matching.
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

I sent a level in. Did it get through all right?
Levellass wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 23:51 It occurs to me that perhaps the actual time limit isn't what gets levels completed, but the deadline. If there's a Keen 3 version it should be given a one week timeframe with panicked extensions every week after for a month.
Not to sound annoying or anything similar, but that's what I tried to suggest after the first contest. (Although it's entirely possible I explained it in a way that nobody could understand. I do that sometimes. :dopekeen)

Anyways, excited for release!
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

Levellass wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 23:51 It occurs to me that perhaps the actual time limit isn't what gets levels completed, but the deadline. If there's a Keen 3 version it should be given a one week timeframe with panicked extensions every week after for a month.
So like how keenrush did the keen 1 version? :lol
nothing usefull here
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

IT AR DUN

PRPR TO HH EVERYTH

:garg :mort2 :dead2
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

@shikadi: It was also everyone else's fault. :p People took their time with their levels and I wanted to collect as many as possible.

Can't wait to see these levels...

By the way, if/when we're doing Keen 3, I'm suggesting the obvious: danger tile + ankh. That's something I really want to see utilized.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.