OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
kvee
Vortininja

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by kvee »

If I'm ever in an old-timey western saloon, this needs to be the soundtrack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EbeyXLyrQE

Also hi everyone, long time no see! :] :spot
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Fascinating, I never heard that vid before. Sounds to me like he mixed in some Keen6 music with Keen5 music. Amazing that he played it from distant memory... there's probably a few keen tunes I could play from similarly remote memories. When I was about ten, I did make a recording of the Fribbulous Xax music on my violin, on a cassette... it was terrible and I doubt the recording survives!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

That music totally makes me think of The Yukon Trail - anyone ever play that game?
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Can someone with a 32 bit windows try to install, play and record a video of this game? Because I think it only works on 32 bit windows.

http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/NetKeen_2

I think I've played this before, but I'm not sure. I want to see what it was, how was the gameplay etc.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Post by Rorie »

Immigrants who come to Australia should speak our language, respect our laws and respect our culture, if you are not going to do any of those, then kindly please go back to where you came from, We are not stopping you from leaving Australia, if you do not love Australia then ask yourself why are you here in the first place?
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

I suspect an answer might be 'Because where we're from was garg and\or lethal.' It often is, with illegal immigration.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Levellass wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 16:39 I suspect an answer might be 'Because where we're from was garg and\or lethal.' It often is, with illegal immigration.
True Immigrants leave their war torn homeland for somewhere else that safer, yet some refuse to assimilate or adapt to the culture or way of life with their adopted home, they must be kept away or locked in immigration detention until they are verified as legitimate asylum seekers, any of them who attempt to enter Australia by boat will not be settled here, the government has made that very clear yet we have activists criticizing our harsh immigration policies that actually work and sadly the man who has kept Australia safe is facing an uphill battle to hold onto his seat whose name is Peter Dutton the Immigration Minister. I personally despise him as the son Adolf Hitler never had but still he has a job to do and if his electorate decides to show him the door at the next election, they have that right, that is democracy in action!
Up yours Fleexy!
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Post by troublesomekeen »

Roobar wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:14 Can someone with a 32 bit windows try to install, play and record a video of this game? Because I think it only works on 32 bit windows.

http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/NetKeen_2

I think I've played this before, but I'm not sure. I want to see what it was, how was the gameplay etc.
I don't know how to record any footage, but here's a rough cut with a camera in front of the screen: https://youtu.be/rBgfIV4CMhk
The internal battery is dead and the power jack is broken. This old Windows XP laptop from 2000 or 2001 is definitely on its last leg.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

*snip*
troublesomekeen wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 21:04 I don't know how to record any footage
OBS Studio should do just fine, I've been using it recently to record some gameplay stuff.

Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Woow. This runs too fast even on an old hardware. Weird. Oh well. Thanks for recording that.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

About time The Simpsons on FTA was past it's prime!
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/entert ... yzamn.html
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Screw the talk of all this Friday the 13th crap, Halloween as I always say is just another American fad that has no place in Australia, American culture is rife around the world including here and what has it proven? absolutely nothing, doing everything the American way has failed, I mean look at all the failures in the US such as Guns & Health Care etc, Australia has excelled in these where as of the US has failed, every time there's a mass shooting in the States, The share price on the guns goes up, this is sad as Americans look to profit on the numerous tragedies that are caused by the right to bear arms, and one more thing McDonalds most evil corporation in the world!, Australia is full of those, as with anywhere in the world they force themselves into communities where they are not welcome and they use their war chest of billions to use the legal system to overturn and to win court cases so they can sell their garg to the world!
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Halloween has been a big success; lots of people make a lot of money off of it every year. It's not exactly useful, outside of business and economics, but then neither are a lot of things. It's roots are far from American either;they only popularized it as a candy-getting costume-fest.

And at least it keeps the stores from decorating for Christmas. (Ca we get thanksgiving too? I'd like to eat more turkey.)
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

... happy Hanukkah!
out now (link) : Image
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Happy Kwanzaa.