OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Rorie
Tru-Blu Aussie Born & Bred

Re: OFF TOPIC THREAD: Where derailing the thread is impossible!

Post by Rorie »

I do not intend to be racist here but then again I could be misunderstood if people consider these to be racial comments

How does somebody with limited English obtain a working visa?, I have been all across Australia and some but not all foreign workers pretend or do not understand English, Whilst I have nothing against foreigners it is frustrating and annoying that they disrespect this country by not taking English Classes before they apply for the visa, If I were to go to their country for a working holiday I would need to demonstrate competency in their official language so it is only fair that they learn to speak English otherwise Please Stop Treating Australia as your personal playground! and return to your country of origin, we are not stopping you from leaving as you should know, Australia is a democracy and we do not stop our citizens and foreigners from leaving to emigrate or immigrate from other countries!

Rant Over
If you can't change the rules, challenge them, rules are made to be broken
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Just when I thought my bank couldn't make the same mistake twice, they again send me a Bank of Melbourne Visa Debit Card
Fine! I am going there tomorrow to link it from one account to the other and I will remember this time that I want it linked to my Incentive Saver rather than my main transaction account, I am hopeful that they can do this for me without having to send off a request for a third card!
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Birthday Tomorrow and you know what that means?

FREE SUBWAY, YAY!

just need to redeem and print off voucher tomorrow and present my passport as I.D
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Happy birthday a day early, mate!
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

nanomekia wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 17:10 Happy birthday a day early, mate!
Today's the Big Day, I am officially 34, I'm an old fart already!
Up yours Fleexy!
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Time to get your cane out and shake it while yelling for those darned kids to gerroff your lawn!
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

nanomekia wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 21:38 Time to get your cane out and shake it while yelling for those darned kids to gerroff your lawn!
Time to go out there and make the younger generation show some respect for their elders, the younger generation learn from their parents that respect is nothing in today's age, mate go back twenty years today, I was fourteen and even though I had the teenage issues back then today you have kids disrespecting just about everybody including the Police, Immigrants, Muslims and the country I was born and grew up in, of course it can happen in any country, but the values you grew up with you feel like the outsider as in today's age, respect and manners mean nothing!

And yes I respect the police, in fact I feel sympathetic towards the police whenever they have to deal with troublemakers again and again, and even though risk and death is in the contract, I'm always sad whenever a police officer dies in the line of duty who will not be going home to their families tonight but again this is why we have the blue ribbon foundation to look after the families of slain police officers

I grew up without my dad, so I feel for the children who will never know who their real father was, to have a male role model it is a very important thing to have and I had none of those but then it made me respect women more, So I still came out of it a winner
Up yours Fleexy!
Levellass
S-Triazine

Post by Levellass »

Rorie wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:07 How does somebody with limited English obtain a working visa?, I have been all across Australia and some but not all foreign workers pretend or do not understand English, Whilst I have nothing against foreigners it is frustrating and annoying that they disrespect this country by not taking English Classes before they apply for the visa, If I were to go to their country for a working holiday I would need to demonstrate competency in their official language so it is only fair that they learn to speak English otherwise Please Stop Treating Australia as your personal playground! and return to your country of origin, we are not stopping you from leaving as you should know, Australia is a democracy and we do not stop our citizens and foreigners from leaving to emigrate or immigrate from other countries!
In short it's usually because they're not valued for their ability to speak English. What they are, first and foremost, is labor. If employers and the system in general was looking for citizens or had a focus on jobs where language was important (Read: More important than money. That helpline spouts gibberish at you? Tough cookies, it's cheap.) then such workers wouldn't be allowed in. As it is however the main focus is either making money directly off of the immigration (People will pay to get to Australia.) or using them as dumb muscle. After that there's no real reason to pick up the language; will they get paid more? Not really. They can stick to their own communities. They can treat English much like you'd treat learning Spanish, why go to all that effort?

Rorie wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 23:27 Time to go out there and make the younger generation show some respect for their elders, the younger generation learn from their parents that respect is nothing in today's age, mate go back twenty years today, I was fourteen and even though I had the teenage issues back then today you have kids disrespecting just about everybody including the Police, Immigrants, Muslims and the country I was born and grew up in, of course it can happen in any country, but the values you grew up with you feel like the outsider as in today's age, respect and manners mean nothing!
One of the things I love about getting older is being aware of slowly being welcomed into the arms of the older generation as we gang up on the younger. I remember when the news talked about my generation being raised on 'participation trophies' and being spoiled and greedy. I remember the ruckus around the early 2000s when a fledgling movement demanded baby boomers retire to free up jobs for their children. Now, as Gen Y starts to hit 30 I hear them talking about how millennials are greedy and entitled, spoiled and uncouth. I can't wait to see how far it goes.
What you really need, not what you think you ought to want.
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

The Bank had trouble linking the second card to my preferred account so what do they do? cancel the card and send off for another, hopefully after the third card arrives and is activated. that's the end of it until the new card expires!
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Blah blah receive the letter from my bank in the post that the new card is on it's way, like I didn't already knew that?
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Turns out the teller didn't send off for my card last weekend, that was finally done today, as well cancelling my old keycard that was only meant to be temporary but thankfully no unauthorized use with that, if it had the tap and go I'd be in real trouble but thankfully not the case
Up yours Fleexy!
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

Alessandro wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 17:26 I delete my image now :birthday
you can always choose another one instead! :dopefish
I only suggested not to use this one in particular to prevent from possible confusions.
out now (link) : Image
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

New Card arrived today, I got home from work and noticed it in the post, this episode should be over soon, going to the bank tomorrow to have the info transferred from the old to new
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

9 more posts away from the magic 1000!
Up yours Fleexy!
Rorie

Post by Rorie »

Found out at the doctor's surgery that I am roughly up for A$110-$120 for a hep a shot and typhoid tablets for my trip to Fiji Next Year, and what's worse this figure is full cost and my pensioner concession card won't lower the amount for me, and no I don't have insurance!
Up yours Fleexy!