Tileset/Graphics Requests

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Tileset/Graphics Requests

Post by Mobiethian »

As some of you may be well aware by now that I have fallen months behind on requests. I've decided to start a topic to address some issues and also inform everyone of my upcoming plans.

The initial problem that I was having had a lot to do with my vision worsening. I went to the eye doctor and had to be prescribed glasses to help with bad headaches that I've been getting frequently from looking at the computer screen so much. That's being taken care of this coming week.

Another important thing that I wanted to announce to everyone is my plans to change up my drawing methods a bit to keep up with the times. For many years, I've been developing graphics old-school style with the mouse as my tool. So, I'm going to be purchasing a graphics pen with tablet for my computer to help with accuracy and it will surely speed things up. This should actually cut development time in half, maybe much more.

Finally, I wanted to ask for some more patience as I sort everything out here. I'm slightly overwhelmed, but not to the point of frustration, thankfully. Any new requests in the future can either be sent to me by PM, or you can simply reply to this topic with any new or detailed info regarding your requests.

Thanks so much for understanding and especially for your continued patience. I haven't forgotten about any of you or what you've asked for.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Tileset/Graphics Requests

Post by Roobar »

OK this seems important. Because I'm working a lot with monitors and I've been investigating in this matter for a long time, I think I can give you a few advises in short.

Before you consider putting glasses, I would suggest to check and make sure your monitor is flicker free (plus with a low blue light filter enabled and at 25-50% brightness at most). This is probably the most important thing you should do. If it is, then you also need to check the lightning in both your home and where you're working. The lighting bulbs themselves could flicker and you would not notice, but they can actually cause headaches too. Try to find non-flicker LED ones, 2700k. Third, consider getting Lutein & Zeaxanthin food supplement. Fourth: remove wheat. Over time wheat can worse eye condition and make worse many body organs and you may not even know it.

I would advise this to all of you people. Take care.
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

with all the tasks you are facing, make sure to not forget to focus on your own mod! your graphics are really neat, and I heard that someone as a track for your first level... just saying.
cheers!
out now (link) : Image
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

Thanks so much to you both for the information! I'll surely be in touch. :)
XrackProject
Vortininja

Post by XrackProject »

Hey, I also installed recently this small tool on my PC and I can confirm that it helped to reduce headaches and eye strain! I have something like this on my smartphone too, because I read a lot of tutorials guides, books ect...

Check it out here: https://justgetflux.com/

Roobar is right, there are usually more reasons for headaches or eyes issues. I also try to avoid wheat as much as I can, I feel the difference!
A project for lifetime.
Mobiethian
Vortininja

Post by Mobiethian »

Awesome! That's great to know, thanks! The new eyeglasses and the light bulb changes are helping a lot. I usually don't eat a lot of wheat except for whatever's in some of the foods that I do eat.

Those things are now checked off of the list and the graphics tool is on its way, so that's another huge plus. I'm glad to report that the headaches have let up a whole lot lately. Thanks for the tips, all! I shall pick back up with graphics work very soon.