Terror from Outer Space

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Dr.Colossus
Vortininja

Re: Terror from Outer Space

Post by Dr.Colossus »

FanofSMBX wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:29 My suggest for sequel: Dr. Colossus kidnaps Keen and brainwashes him with mind-belt since he know that Keen will just foil that plan again like Mort's if left alone. So now Mort must rescue Keen and stop Dr. Colossus because there only room for one badguy.
This is a very cool idea
FanofSMBX wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:29 Also, how you got permission to use these songs?
:pirate
FanofSMBX
Grunt

Post by FanofSMBX »

Wait, I just realize something. How come Dr. Colossus is the villain when his quest is universal peace but Mario is allowed to mind control just to save one princess? :garg
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

One does not question games logic! :lol
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.
out now (link) : Image
Shikadi-Network
Grunt

Post by Shikadi-Network »

I am not finished with this mod jet, but it`s awesome. I like the design of the enemies and the level, there
is no flaw in the atmosphere. But I have to say some spots of hazards and enemies are a little bit unfair,
because you can not see them. Nonetheless a gread mod and one of my over all favorites.
The only frontier is our imagination - The Guy from Shikadi-Netzwerk
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

well... you might wanna consider playing it on normal difficulty if the challenge gives you lemons. it was your choice playing it on hard, wasn't it?! in general I'd recommend start exploring a mod/game on medium difficulty. afterwards, when you know how things are laid out and everything is organized, you can upgrade the severity and enjoy the game on a different and even more challenging level. but that's just my two cents worth...
out now (link) : Image
Shikadi-Network
Grunt

It's not the point of difficulty, it`s about hard, but fair and just unfair. If I have to know the spot of an enemie
to possibly avoid an attack, that`s just bad placement of an enemie. I really like hard games/mods, but it has
to be fair and that`s not the case. Yeah, if you know it`s there, it`s way easier, but it`s stupid if I have to know
it the first time I play it. But still, I really like the mod and I apologize if my point wasn`t that clear.
XrackProject
Vortininja

Post by XrackProject »

Maybe modders should consider to include an unlocksystem that allows to play hardmode only if you finished a normal run? ;-)
A project for lifetime.
Shikadi-Network
Grunt

It wasn`t my point and you know that. ;) And I have checked it, even on easy there are spots
which are just unfair, if you doesn`t know that. So it`s not a thing that only on hard exist and
maybe for others this is okay, but I think it`s unnecessary. But still one of the best mods ever.
I hope it`s clear what I want to say.^^
XrackProject
Vortininja

Post by XrackProject »

Shikadi-Network wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 23:37 .... even on easy there are spots
which are just unfair, if you doesn`t know that....
Maybe you should clarify what areas you exactly mean, so our modders can get a better idea of what you mean...? :) Just post some screenshots via imgur or an other service.
A project for lifetime.
Shikadi-Network
Grunt

I think he knows the spots very well, because I think it`s intentional. :D
Snortimer
Vortininja

Post by Snortimer »

I seem to have gotten into a non-stop crash situation in the level Trogg Pod. From this saved game, whatever I do, DOSBox crashes after a while:
https://files.fm/u/8kt625nb
Is there an easy way to die and restart the level without setting Keen's lives to 0? (supposing there are no enemies around to get killed by)
Member since at least 1998 with... ah... some long absences. I was even a moderator at one point. I'll probably keep coming back here and there as long as this place still exists.
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Load the game and turn on noclip with N+F10, that should kill you before the game crashes DOSBox.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
Lower IQ than 314
Vortininja

Post by Lower IQ than 314 »

Trogg Pod crashed for me too. I don't have any great advice, other than save your game frequently and try to beat it as quickly as possible. Activating the F10+Y cheat on Trogg Village will crash the game as well. There weren't any other game-breaking bugs besides those two that I can recall.
FanofSMBX wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:29 Although 1000Jahre a very bad choice if it included vocals :crazy
Bitte Bitte isn't exactly work-safe, either. :gimp
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Snortimer wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 22:26 I seem to have gotten into a non-stop crash situation in the level Trogg Pod.
I have looked into the patch file and found a problem that causes some data corruption every time an egg(-replacement) is opened (either by touching Keen or by getting hit by Keen's shots). It's easy enough to fix, but while I was at it, I added a few more patches and fixed other things as well that would be enough for a slightly bigger update of this mod.

I have just sent a message to Dr. Colossus, so I'd like to wait a bit and see if I get a response from him.

Unfortunetely, the bug has corrupted your saved game. As I have mentioned earlier, you should still be able to load that saved game and kill yourself by enabling noclip and falling straight down. Please let me know if that works for you.

Exiting the level will get rid of the corruption that's present in the saved game, but if you restart the level, you might end up with similar crashes the further you play. You'll need to add the following patch at the end of the patch file (before the "%end" line) to prevent the corruption from happening again:

Code: Select all

%patch $100E4 $5C
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net