Welcome to the new PCKF!

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

Great! This is cool.
Its really creepy at the old PCKF now... everything is deserted and frozen... *shudders*

I think we need a new logo to reflect the new boards. Something smaller than the one on the old PCKF, that will fit in about the same space as that little phpBB logo. I'd make one myself, but I don't think it'd come out that good.

Also, I think multiple themes would be cool as well. We could have the classic PCKF theme, with pixel-ly icons and stuff, and then a newer theme, with glass buttons and stuff. Just a suggestion, though.
adurdin
Grunt

Post by adurdin »

now that Adurdin is in charge of both.
I'm not in charge of the pckf -- I'm providing a hosting service. Flaose, KeenRush, Xtraverse , and Yorpy (in alphabetical order :D) are the admins here.
MortimerInBlack wrote:Maybe we could make a link to the K:M and place it here so that it looks like a category (with text saying it's actually a separate forum of course), and do something similar on the K:M.
I did take the liberty of making the "Modding" forum here redirect to K:M, and added a similar "Public Commander Keen Forum" entry on K:M that redirects back here. Admins: if you don't like that redirect and would rather handle the link differently, let me know and I'll disable it.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Those redicts are cool adurdin!

Yeah, this place needs a new logo, definitely -- but nobody of us has been skilled enough to make one.

About poll options... I guess there's no harm if I change that, is there? Hope not! I changed it to 10.

What special signs do you mean Djaser? Not that I know much about technical sides of anything...

And that text at PCKF, I just made it big. :bloody
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Simple things like quotations marks and apostrophes.
Aaaah, not the bees!
Galaxieretter
Arachnut

Post by Galaxieretter »

KeenRush wrote:Yeah, this place needs a new logo, definitely -- but nobody of us has been skilled enough to make one.
Um... I definately have the photoshop skills needed to make a good logo. I just have no idea what it should look like. I see nothing wrong with the old PCKF logo, as it was official Commander Keen art. I GUESS it's a little big... and bland. I would need some sort of direction in order to make a new one though. (Size, colors, fonts etc.)
"Check out the red marker... it smells like cherries."
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

why don't we make an archive sub forum and put all the old stuff there
DSL
Miragia made me disappear

Post by DSL »

A fresh start!
grafix
Chilling in Crystalus

have it your way

Post by grafix »

A good idea might be to install a subforum mod, create "archive" subforums inside each forum, then copy the converted ezBoard posts into those archive forums. A notice at the top of topic listings along the lines of "Can't find a topic? Try looking in the 'archive' subforum!" might help.

Of course, we could simply copy all the old posts into each forum. Any comments?
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

Unless we want to restart every discussion the best thing to do is just put the topics in the subforums they belong. I see no use of an archive forum while old posts still can be read at ezboard.
Aaaah, not the bees!
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Galaxieretter wrote:Um... I definately have the photoshop skills needed to make a good logo.
I meant me, adurdin, Flaose, Yorpy, xtra with that. Obviously I'm not the one who can decide such thing, but in my eyes something with the shades of the board colours (these yellow and green) and some red and orange would look good. I guess it could be picture of Keen's head or something. I can't design.

Djaser, do you mean these? ' "
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
DSL

Post by DSL »

KeenRush wrote:Yeah, this place needs a new logo, definitely -- but nobody of us has been skilled enough to make one.
I'm working on that right now!
Using some stuff i have been working on lately for it.
I'm possitive the logo will rock once finished :]
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Wow, nice, eagerly waiting to see it. 8)
Flaose
Vorticon Elder

Post by Flaose »

Originally Posted by: adurdin
I did take the liberty of making the "Modding" forum here redirect to K:M, and added a similar "Public Commander Keen Forum" entry on K:M that redirects back here. Admins: if you don't like that redirect and would rather handle the link differently, let me know and I'll disable it.
Thanks Andrew, that's perfect, exactly what I (and I think Djaser) was hoping for.
Cerebral Cortex 314 - For All of your Commander Keen Needs.
Eat at Joe's
DSL

Post by DSL »

Btw, what pixel dimensions do you admins want for a logo in this forum?
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

It'd be neat to have a series of logos that are randomly cycled using a PHP script.