Suburb Shenanigans

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Suburb Shenanigans

Post by Roobar » Mon Jan 21, 2019 14:50

OK I've managed to finally beat this game. The ending was definitely a surprise. I did not expected that.

As far as bugs are concerned, I need to mention the following after downloading and trying the last version from Nisaba:
1. At the end of this level, you can fall through solid soil ground right before the checkpoint sign:

2. You can get out of the boundaries right up there (top middle in the screenshot):

3. I got the "Insufficient memory" for music in Scudders Burger Bar after saving and loading.

4. I got a game freeze in Casey's Place when saving and loading.

keenmaster486
Vorticon Elite

Post by keenmaster486 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:16

I tried to play the game, but my copy of Keen 5 appears to be incompatible with it.

I have version 1.4, after all. But the exe file was KEEN5.EXE, and I had to rename it to KEEN5E.EXE. It still didn't work, getting stuck at the loading screen as if CKPATCH was having trouble with the exe file.

Edit: I am a stupid person. I copied the entire directory over, not just the exe file, and I also forgot to UNLZEXE the exe.
I flermmed the plootash just like you asked.
Very silly indeed: https://audaxeundum.wordpress.com/

Bubbatom
Vorticon Elite

Post by Bubbatom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:21

Hi guys, here is the latest update:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gpfx9249jbnp ... s.zip?dl=0

---------------------------------------

The mod is a hell of a lot more stable now due to a bit of juggling of tiles and sprites. I haven't had it crash on me in the last week I've been adjusting other aspects of the mod. There have been a few graphical suggestions from Nisaba and Zilem that I have considered and have implemented most of them. Cyber Zero has been kind enough to lend me his unique BWB tiles so thanks for that! A number of forum members have offered suggestions for various aspects of the mod and I have considered and implemented what I've seen appropriate up until this point. A few tile problems have been addressed too.

A big thanks to 55Avenue for sorting out the music volumes! Very appreciated! The only real issue left in my eyes is the game over crashing which I will talk to Levellass about soon.

I'm looking forward to getting back to work on the Ocflore Project over the next few months. My work has come leaps and bounds since Suburb Shenanigans and I'm excited for everyone to play and experience my next mod!

Cheers

Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 14:01

Bubbatom wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:21
I'm looking forward to getting back to work on the Ocflore Project over the next few months. My work has come leaps and bounds since Suburb Shenanigans and I'm excited for everyone to play and experience my next mod!
Release on 314? :evil

Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson » Sat Feb 09, 2019 23:55

So this mod is all about Billy trespassing into his neighbours' houses and stealing all their candy? His sugar addiction must've finally got the better of him :P
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."