List of bugs and major inaccuracies

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
TDRR
Grunt

List of bugs and major inaccuracies

Post by TDRR »

I wanted to make a full list of issues before pushing them to GitLab, mostly very major inaccuracies and bugs that render the game unfinishable.

Vorticon Trilogy

Thankfully i couldn't find anything noticeably different in the first three games, so that's a win!

Galaxy Trilogy
Bold items are more important

-Pole grab distance is too big, so in Hillville Keen can't press the button to enable a platform, instead grabbing the pole
-When jumping on a pogostick and then taking it off when moving upwards, jump height is drastically reduced
-Doing an impossible jump by holding jump and then pressing the pogo key doesn't work
-Keen 6 ledge-grabbing is broken, often teleporting Keen several blocks forward and then back into the ledge
-All enemies only alter direction of travel after hitting a wall, not intentionally chasing Keen
-Wormouth hit detection is very broken, you can stun them when they are underground and their bite always misses unless you walk into it
-Keen vs Level collision is very wonky, most noticeable in Keen 5

There are way more, but they are really hard to explain and are pretty minor too, so i omitted them.

Do you know of any inaccuracies with Commander Genius? Post them here!
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Re: List of bugs and major inaccuracies

Post by gerstrong »

Hi TDRR,

thanks for reporting those. Most of your issues were reported here:

https://gitlab.com/Dringgstein/Commander-Genius/issues

And I fine tuned the issues a bit. Can you test it with with Version 2.3.3? It should be better.

Also, I'd prefer using the mentioned link. Many people report their problems with CG and I am very grateful for that. It really helps making the product better.

Kind regards
Having fun developing stuff...