ULTIMATE COMMANDER KEEN 4
Ultimate Commander Keen 4 (or a.k.a. Commander Keen 4 Ultimate Edition) is a fan-made enhanced update and an unofficial expansion pack for the original Keen 4 game including several bugfixes (I fixed as many as I could, the others that can be ignored/avoided weren't fixed) and new stuff.
Since the update contains too many new things, here are the important changed you should know about:
- The game has two title screens.
- Added plus 5 unlockable bonus levels (1 of them must be completed, 1 of them is a secret).
- Added a 9th member to rescue: the Oracle Maintainer. (It's plus one member I created myself for this update as a more challenging task.)
- All the musics - including the demo version of the worldmap, the extended Oasis music, the Bullfrog and the Dopey - has been used.
- Keen's Neural Stunner is now green in the game (special thanks to Zilem).
- On the scorebox, Keen's weapon is now green.
- The High Scores level has now entry text (since it's now level 24).
- On the high score screen, the name, the score, and the member columns are now wider.
- In the Perilous Pit level, the "imaginary pole" has been removed.
- The player can no longer go outside of the Pyramid of the Forbidden.
- Keen can no longer perform the "air door" trick.
- The invisible door tile has been fixed.
- Keen can no longer "teleport" in the Lifewater Oasis level and the unreachable area has become available.
- The player can no longer sink into the floor in Well of Wishes.
- The flag no longer clips in front of the scorebox.
- Joystick 1 and 2, Gravis Gamepad menus now have owner bitmap header.
- The typos in level entries, level names, Oracle member message window, Oracle Janitor message window have been corrected.
- The F10+C has been removed for being useless (due to the secondary song list patch that overwrote this cheat).
- The 1UP sprite that appears after collecting 100 drops is now dark-light cyan.
- The keygem sprites now look unique.
- The blue gem and its holder now have normal blue shade.
- Keen has own separated switch-flicking/door opening sprite.
- Keen's unused computerwrist-watching sprite has been used as a part of Keen's bored animation.
- 2 dopefishes have been removed from Well of Wishes and has been put into the other underwater level to avoid memory problems.
Most important thing: Since the game cannot have 3 (only 2) WoW-type scrolling levels, that's why the worldmap has normal level-type scrolling. Extremely sorry for that!
Demo video footage:
* No unnecessary criticizing and nitpicking like "the loading screen looks dumb" and things like that, etc.!
* No complaining that the new levels are unplayable and each tiles don't look good. (I tested the new 5 bonus levels in hard mode and they can be completed + I tried to make as good new tiles as I could.
* Stop ruining the fun, I worked on this update hard!
* Only and only constructive criticism allowed.