Hello, I'm TheBigV.

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
TheBigV
Vortininja

Hello, I'm TheBigV.

Post by TheBigV »

Hi, I'm proYorp's brother. Some of you might recognize my username from Insalevs 3. (By the way, I wasn't really expecting my level to end up as one of the hardest levels, heh.)

The first mod I ever played was Dead in the Desert in around 2010. I first tried modding for myself in 2014. I came up with an idea for a Keen 4 mod where an evil teddy bear wanted to blow up all the beaches on Earth and Keen had to stop him. That mod didn't get very far.

I also know a little bit of programming. Anyways, I hope I will be able to contribute some good stuff to the Keen community! :)
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Re: Hello, I'm TheBigV.

Post by shikadi »

Modding keen 4-6 is really a lot more tedious than keen 1-3.

Anyway welcome proYorp's brother.
I had noticed the name "theBigV" that I hadn't seen before on this site, But thought not that much of it (There are new members every so often).
nothing usefull here
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

Can confirm, this guy's my brother. Beware his levels. They'll get ya.
Welcome to the internet my dude. :)
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

hey there and welcome to the forums!
nice to have you around. out of curiosity: what's your favourite Commander Keen mod?
out now (link) : Image
nanomekia
Vorticon Elite

Post by nanomekia »

Welcome mate, good to have ya!
Writer. Translator. Player of games. Only bites when asked nicely.

"That's ten pounds of yikes in a five-pound bag."
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Welcome!! I taught my sister to make a bit of a mod which also featured a bear, actually a large teddy called Cookie was the protagonist and the theme was something restaurant/food related. I hope I have the unfinished files somewhere. Everyone must round up and recruit their siblings to bolster our small numbers!
TheBigV
Vortininja

Post by TheBigV »

shikadi wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 23:15 Modding keen 4-6 is really a lot more tedious than keen 1-3.
I have also played around with Vorticons modding before. I actually have a Keen 1 mod in development, though I'm not sure when that's going to be done. I'm currently not working on any Galaxy mods.
Nisaba wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:07 out of curiosity: what's your favourite Commander Keen mod?
Hmm... That's kind of tricky to answer. I guess some of my favorites out of the ones I've played are Keen 9, Atroxian Realm and the XkyKeens.
Benvolio wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:14 Welcome!! I taught my sister to make a bit of a mod which also featured a bear, actually a large teddy called Cookie was the protagonist and the theme was something restaurant/food related. I hope I have the unfinished files somewhere. Everyone must round up and recruit their siblings to bolster our small numbers!
By some coincidence, I actually have a teddy bear named Cookie! He's also a character in the mod I'm working on. And I also used to sometimes pretend he was the evil teddy bear from that old Keen 4 mod I mentioned.
Me and proYorp actually have another brother who's planning to join PCKF in the future. (He went by the name PandaKeen for Insalev 3.) He is working on several Keen Vorticons mods of his own right now. The one he's actively working on only has 4 levels so far.

Anyways, thanks for the welcome, everyone!
MoffD
Vorticon Elite

Post by MoffD »

ahhh I missed this thread, welcome! Don't mind the ramblings :dopekeen
mortimermcmirestinks wrote: Now I wish MoffD wasn't allergic to me.
Levellass wrote:You're an evil man.
55Aavenue
Vortininja

Post by 55Aavenue »

TheBigV wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 14:25 Me and proYorp actually have another brother who's planning to join PCKF in the future. (He went by the name PandaKeen for Insalev 3
I didn't know Insalev 3 was such a proYorp family project lol! Anyway, welcome to the PCKF!