Commander Keen Remastered (New Game)

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Kajuby
Grunt

Commander Keen Remastered (New Game)

Post by Kajuby »

https://youtu.be/zzfcRccgtM8

Game: Commander Keen Remastered
Studio: Kajuby Games
Style: Fan- / Indie Game

Since Bethesda announced at E3 they will publish a new Commander Keen game, I was hyped and then very very disappointed. A mobile game which has nothing in common with the old classic Commander Keen.

So I decided, I will create that Commander Keen game which everyone wanted.In "Commander Keen Remastered" you can play all old Episodes of Commander Keen with refreshed graphics but still close to the original. Also a new episode will be released.Currently it is in early alpha stage with still some bugs.Episode 1 is complete and I've been working on the next episodes already.If you want to help, test or just want to play the alpha and every upcoming version, contact me:

KajubyGames@Gmail.com
troublesomekeen
Vorticon Elite

Re: Commander Keen Remastered (New Game)

Post by troublesomekeen »

Awesome! I especially like how the laser flashes red and blue. Really digging the overworld and the darkness of the shrine levels, too.
Commander Keen in... Canteloupe Quest!
Suppawer
Vortininja

Post by Suppawer »

Cool!
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

This is neat!
Looks like a huge amount of effort went into this! Looks incredible! I hope you make a fully formed project of this, your good work deserves it
Kohntarkosz_
Grunt

Post by Kohntarkosz_ »

Good work. I am enjoying those lighting effects quite a lot!
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

I've gotta say it was Funny when several of the others though it were the Bethesda Remake when you first posted in on Discord
and bashed it instead of taking a look first. Pretty much "Look before you leap"
which was pretty funny XD

Well, if there is something that can be salvaged from the Bethesda remake it's the Art assets
Iand use them in this way, I Do hope this gets more popular then the Bethesda Imposter (and maybe will take the hint)
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

I really encourage this project. But just can't help but wonder is there any risk our community could face the wrath of the Big gaming industry and its lawyers, in a way that 3Drealms and successors weren't in the slightest bit bothered with?
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Really? That subject again? Not again... There's literally 0 chance of this affecting our forum. As for the project itself, yes, Bethesda may decide to shut it down as it is using their assets, if it gets popular or if the author decides to charge for it (which I don't think will be the case).
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

Benvolio wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 18:52 I really encourage this project. But just can't help but wonder is there any risk our community could face the wrath of the Big gaming industry and its lawyers, in a way that 3Drealms and successors weren't in the slightest bit bothered with?
I don't Think Bethesda, can withstand the Fallout of going against a Mod community even a small one such as ours
given their track record over the last year... Image

But you know what is funny?, the Imposter now have a score of 2/5
which means its buried under everything else remotely "Commander" and "Keen" like Image
The Difference Between a Mod and Fan art?, a Fan art is a Concept and a Mod is that Concept put into life.
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Zilem wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 13:29I don't Think Bethesda, can withstand the Fallout of going against a Mod community even a small one such as ours given their track record over the last year... Image
Whatdoyumean? They held pretty well against the massive CK mobile reboot backlash. And our community was not even a drop from that backlash. But they didn't even responded to the complains. They didn't listened. They just went silent. They just delayed the release, so the backlash wouldn't be as high as it would have been, if their game was released this summer. Now, as we've seen it, it turns out that they haven't changed anything at all. They have had the chance to do it right, but they missed it. They didn't wanted to pour more money into fixing it. Unlike Bethesda, the director of the upcoming Sonic movie actually listened to the critiques and decided to change Sonic for good. It payed well. The reaction because of that decision is overwhelming. Almost all Sonic fans are happy now. Keen, on the other side, is still hanging... Some people at Bethesda (like the creative director [name removed for personal privacy -Fleexy 2021]) are still making stupid decisions...

[picture/link removed]
I think it was her decision to make it a mobile game. I think she was the "bright" mind in Bethesda, who thought it would be a good idea to port Keen to mobile. I think the only good decision of hers was to contact Primal Screen to make a Looney Toons inspired animation. Otherwise, she seems such a boring person to me. I think she should not have been responsible for the CK re-take. I don't think she has a twitter even. I don't think that she's the kind of person who would have a talk with the fans, but rather, she's the kind that thinks can dictate what the fans will like. Anyway...
Last edited by Fleexy on Mon Oct 25, 2021 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove personal callout/info for privacy
Zilem
Vortininja

Post by Zilem »

Roobar wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 16:52 Whatdoyumean? They held pretty well against the massive CK mobile reboot backlash. And our community was not even a drop from that backlash. But they didn't even responded to the complains. They didn't listened. They just went silent. They just delayed the release, so the backlash wouldn't be as high as it would have been, if their game was released this summer. Now, as we've seen it, it turns out that they haven't changed anything at all. They have had the chance to do it right, but they missed it. They didn't wanted to pour more money into fixing it. Unlike Bethesda, the director of the upcoming Sonic movie actually listened to the critiques and decided to change Sonic for good. It payed well. The reaction because of that decision is overwhelming. Almost all Sonic fans are happy now. Keen, on the other side, is still hanging... Some people at Bethesda (like the creative director [name removed for personal privacy -Fleexy 2021]) are still making stupid decisions...
You missed the reference to Fallout 76 Image
they have mishandled Fallout 76 since it's pre-launch (probably before...) so many times that it is pointless count....

Indeed going silent, sometimes and remove comments/posts is the norm of companies now a'days Image
then pretend it's vocal minority (when it could in fact be the Silent majority and/or Core Base have been alienated too much)
we have examples of this happening Left, Right, Above, Below and Indies....
also how such neglection can damage a franchise, not overnight but certainly when the next time comes around. Image

But indeed Sonic is the thing that stands out. i just hope company heads take notice what turned many frowns upside down...
it was amazing to witness and i was completely taken aback when i saw the new trailer as it seemed like dream you don't want to wake up from
as it was so surreal now a'days

Oh, I am still waiting to see Diablo Immoral's crash launch!! Image
Roobar wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 16:52 I think it was her decision to make it a mobile game. I think she was the "bright" mind in Bethesda, who thought it would be a good idea to port Keen to mobile. I think the only good decision of hers was to contact Primal Screen to make a Looney Toons inspired animation. Otherwise, she seems such a boring person to me. I think she should not have been responsible for the CK re-take. I don't think she has a twitter even. I don't think that she's the kind of person who would have a talk with the fans, but rather, she's the kind that thinks can dictate what the fans will like. Anyway...
Indeed, the Cartoon it itself wasn't that bad but everything past it was so bad it polluted everything...
a full Cartoon series of this. probably could work and be descent in it's own right
But there still is the Names thing really can't get over that... Image

Oh... the kind of person that think we are all Sheep....
which is why it's so funny right now as it's their Influences with pre-access that disliking it right now
the Sheep's aren't as much Sheep as they though. Image
Last edited by Fleexy on Tue Oct 26, 2021 0:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove personal callout/info in quote for privacy
Kohntarkosz_
Grunt

Post by Kohntarkosz_ »

I'm not sure if it's accurate to assign blame to individuals for decisions that were probably made by committee, at least not until we know more.

In my experience (none of which, I will admit, is in the professional games design industry) if a project is well-executed on a technical level but utterly broken on a conceptual level, it's usually the marketing department's fault. Either that or some C-level executive's insisted that his original napkin-sketch be used as the design bible.

I still believe the fact that the Bethesda game is happening at all is a positive development, even if the game itself is garbage (which all available evidence suggests it will be.) Remember that the Sonic franchise went through a bit of a wilderness period too (starting with 'Heroes' and ending with 'Unleashed', if we're being generous) but it came out the other end with a much clearer idea of what it was supposed to be.
namida
Vortininja

Post by namida »

Kohntarkosz_ wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 19:30 I still believe the fact that the Bethesda game is happening at all is a positive development, even if the game itself is garbage (which all available evidence suggests it will be.) Remember that the Sonic franchise went through a bit of a wilderness period too (starting with 'Heroes' and ending with 'Unleashed', if we're being generous) but it came out the other end with a much clearer idea of what it was supposed to be.
Never underestimate a major game studio's stupidity. Prime example: Activision. After years of not-very-Crash-like Crash Bandicoot games flopping, they released N Sane Trilogy which was a major hit, showing people love Crash - when it's actually Crash, and not a generic platformer featuring Crash. If the rumors are to be believed, their next Crash title is going to be another semi-open-world game, you know, what Crash *isn't* meant to be.
Commander Keen: Galaxy Reimagined - a reimagining of Goodbye Galaxy and Aliens Ate My Babysitter
Tormentor667
Vortininja

Post by Tormentor667 »

Erm... the video has been banned?
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

Tormentor667 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 20:57 Erm... the video has been banned?
👏Bravo zenimax! Well done!

Don't you love it, when the Commander Keen franchise is in such "good" hands?

Wow... Just wow... I have no words.

:bloody