Planet Cloudius IX

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Re: Planet Cloudius IX

Post by Syllypryde »

Roobar wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 17:32 .....Planet Cloudius IX features (as of the release date):
- 28 playable levels! And that number is without the world map and the secret levels! (36 is the total number of levels) Some of them are huge! Like 2 or 3 times bigger than the biggest from the original Keens!
- Many secrets, more than 1 secret level!
- New gameplay mechanics!
- New powerups!
- Vast world to explore!
- Dialogues!
- Checkpoints!
- Autosaves!
- A lot of enemies!
- A lot of goodies!
- New difficulty skills with health bar!
- New mode: Speedrun!
- Unlock-able content!
- Easter eggs!
- Native wide screen support!
- Window or full screen support! (not tested on ultra wide though)
- Controllers support! For example, you can set your Xbox controller and play with ease!
- VGA graphics (you need 3DFX Voodoo2 12mb to handle so many colorz!)
- Parallax background support!
- Plenty of music tracks and sound effects!......
I would be willing to bet once you have beaten all the various skill levels, find all the secrets, find all the easter eggs, that cheat codes might be unlocked.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Nope. That's not how it works. That unlockable content refers to the concept art in the help menu and the additional difficulty settings.

The cheats are really just debugging tools to assist in finding errors. They're there so that the developers and playtesters can get to a specific point in the game quickly without having to actually play the entire game.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
http://k1n9duk3.shikadi.net
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

K1n9_Duk3 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 23:24 Nope. That's not how it works. That unlockable content refers to the concept art in the help menu and the additional difficulty settings.

The cheats are really just debugging tools to assist in finding errors. They're there so that the developers and playtesters can get to a specific point in the game quickly without having to actually play the entire game.
So in all of the files and documentation that is currently available with the game, there is no indication of what these cheats are? The only way to figure it out is too randomly hit keys until it activates something?
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

A great guy I follow on Youtube called DosgamerT streamed this game for five hours yesterday...

Go check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fj_7XulK0Y
Lower IQ than 314
Vortininja

Post by Lower IQ than 314 »

I skipped around that video so I didn't see the whole thing, but the payoff at the end was pretty great.
alexawiliams784
Grunt

Post by alexawiliams784 »

Downloading Link Is Showing Some 404 error. Can You Please Update that link?
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

alexawiliams784 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:44 Downloading Link Is Showing Some 404 error. Can You Please Update that link?
The link works fine for me. Maybe the gamejolt server was down for maintenace when you tried it or your ISP is blocking access to it?
Hail to the K1n9, baby!
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

K1n9_Duk3 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 21:03 I guess nobody found the secret key combination yet. I know it, but I'm not gonna tell.
I've tried several key combinations and so far no luck. I also ridiculously at random hit keys for a period of a half hour and still could not find the combination by complete accident. Not that I really need to. I have completed the game on all skill levels accept the Speedrun. I will probably never play it on this because I totally suck at speedruns. I found all the levels including A Drawing, Secret Agent, Secret Agent 2, Pyramid of the Crystal Shard, 1UP, Pirate's Secret Treasure Cove, Battle Island Royale, Twisted Tower, Zombiaolets Mayhem! Cave of the Troll's Desmegne, found all the available eggs on the jungle island, found both of the hearts to build up health (not that they matter in the higher skill levels), all the secret cameos in hidden areas, and I am confident I have found most of the hidden areas. I probably missed a few, but I'm sure I found most of them, most especially the really big secrets.

I really like this game. I will keep coming back to it one way or another.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Post by Roobar »

The reason why I changed the cheats combination is obvious. It is so players need to explore and figure out the secrets themselves by actually playing the game on a regular way and by not ruining their experience by using cheats. Some keeners tend to use cheats to skip hard places or reach areas they couldn't figure a way to it. And I think that ruins the experience.

By far, I think you've discovered the most (at least you reported all the things you've found). The only thing left for you would be outside the boundaries of the world map. But other than that, there's not much else you could use the cheats for.

The idea of reveal the keys combination after completing the game is actually appealing. I mean in Doom 2020 you unlock different cheats by completing levels. But again, my opinion is that cheats ruin experience. What if I release a new level and you (or anyone else) just enable the cheats to make through it and learn all about it in no time? It would be just plain bad.

Speaking of new levels, is anyone actually interested in more levels or updates for this game? I think the game is big enough. I have some more ideas for levels, so who knows.
Lower IQ than 314
Vortininja

If I may...from my experience with other modding scenes, disabling cheat codes--or changing them without being willing to tell anyone else what they were changed to--is generally a no-no. Some people don't like being forced to play a specific way. I personally found it somewhat gratifying to play notoriously tough mods like The Alphamatic, turn on God Mode, and just steamroll through the whole thing in one sitting, when it normally takes longer. That being said, it's your game. I, for one, support the idea of beating the game normally and unlocking cheats as a reward.

As far as the game's length goes, I think it might be getting a bit too large. I love the game, but it takes me some time just to beat the mandatory levels, ignoring all the bonus and secret levels. The Pirate's Secret Treasure Cove is a cool addition, with some new challenges and foes to overcome, but it's quite long, especially if you're looking for all the Easter eggs. There are still additional "test" levels to finish up, and while I welcome new content, I don't like replaying an entire game I've already beaten--no matter how much I enjoy it--just to see one or two additional levels. Usually, I just use the Warp Cheat to go to whatever level I haven't seen yet, but that's not really an option here.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

Roobar wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 19:25 The reason why I changed the cheats combination is obvious. It is so players need to explore and figure out the secrets themselves by actually playing the game on a regular way and by not ruining their experience by using cheats. Some keeners tend to use cheats to skip hard places or reach areas they couldn't figure a way to it. And I think that ruins the experience.
I am all for completing the game normally and then possibly being rewarded unlocked cheats.
By far, I think you've discovered the most (at least you reported all the things you've found). The only thing left for you would be outside the boundaries of the world map. But other than that, there's not much else you could use the cheats for.
I guess I have more exploring to do because I am not sure how to go outside the boundaries of the world map and believe me I've tried dozens of different things.
The idea of reveal the keys combination after completing the game is actually appealing. I mean in Doom 2020 you unlock different cheats by completing levels. But again, my opinion is that cheats ruin experience. What if I release a new level and you (or anyone else) just enable the cheats to make through it and learn all about it in no time? It would be just plain bad.
Dude, I have completed 36+ levels in this game without cheating. I think you can be confident I will play any new levels right as well.
Speaking of new levels, is anyone actually interested in more levels or updates for this game? I think the game is big enough. I have some more ideas for levels, so who knows.
The game is big enough I agree. But you do have two incomplete levels that are currently hidden in the game. My suggestion would be to either finish those two levels or take them out completely. After that there is no need for any more levels.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

Ok, I found the 28 levels without cheats (I don't know how to active them) + 4 of the 8 secret levels:
Ocflore's first level in a draw
Secret Agent 1 and 2
1UP

I found also the secret area of the Ancient Ruins(Pyramid of the crystal shard) and Escape the cave level. I really like that level. It was hard, but I won

I think that this game is beautiful. But anybody know the way to get the other levels?
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
Lower IQ than 314
Vortininja

Alessandro wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:52 But anybody know the way to get the other levels?
I got stuck on this one too. Pages 5 and 6 of this thread have some hints...

Two of those "secret levels" mentioned in this thread are unfinished, absent from the Keen Wiki page, and hidden in plain sight. They're a lot easier to find than you might think.
Lower IQ than 314
Vortininja

Sorry for double-posting/bumping, but I've encountered a possible bug on my end. I'm playing v1.2.5 on hard difficulty, and I'm on the Pirate's Secret Treasure Cove level. I'm able to complete about half the level, up until I need to reach the switch to open the floor grate to the blue gem slot. There are several hazards placed above the switch that Jake needs to drop between to reach it. Small problem: the hazards are placed too closely together and Jake always hits one of them on the way down, even if he's in the exact "safe spot" between them, and there doesn't appear to be a switch to get rid of them anywhere in the level. I've quicksaved and quickloaded this part to death, and I distinctly remember being able to reach that switch on medium difficulty no problem. Is there something I'm missing? Should I upload my saved game somewhere so you can see what's going on?
K1n9_Duk3
Vorticon Elite

Post by K1n9_Duk3 »

Lower IQ than 314 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 23:38Is there something I'm missing?
No, it looks like the hitboxes of those hazards are just too wide.

Download this hotfix and extract the files into the game folder. Start the game via "hotfix.cmd" instead of "PCIX.exe" to make the game load the corrected hitbox definition. But you'll have to restart the level to apply these changes, either by loading a game that was saved on the world map or by getting killed in the level and then selecting "Try Again". If you just load a savegame, the hazards will still use the old hitbox settings from that savegame, not the updated settings.
Hail to the K1n9, baby!