Sound and music choppy/stutter?

All discussion about the Commander Genius project (a Keen interpreter + more).
elvisish
Grunt

Sound and music choppy/stutter?

Post by elvisish »

I'm having an issue with the sound and music stuttering at intervals, it seems to clear up if I change levels and then it comes back in a few moments. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit, all of the game audio has a slightly choppy, stuttery sound to it, as if the buffer or latency is too low. I've played around with all of the settings but nothing seems to improve it. Other than that, CG works perfectly! :crazy
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Re: Sound and music choppy/stutter?

Post by Quillax »

Welcome to the Keen community, elvisish! I assume you're an elf, correct? :)

Given the last sentence, this sounds like it's related to Commander Genius specifically and not the original DOS games. Just to let you know, there is a forum dedicated to Commander Genius; it's in the Unofficial Keen Games forum. I'll let gerstrong know about this, though.
gerstrong wrote:
In case you don't know, this is one of the only two ways (the other is PMs) to notify a user on this forum.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

hey there elvisish, and welcome to the forums,
yeah, Quillax is right. You wanna post your Commander Genius related question over here:
viewforum.php?f=9
out now (link) : Image
elvisish
Grunt

Post by elvisish »

Quillax wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:51 Welcome to the Keen community, elvisish! I assume you're an elf, correct? :)

Given the last sentence, this sounds like it's related to Commander Genius specifically and not the original DOS games. Just to let you know, there is a forum dedicated to Commander Genius; it's in the Unofficial Keen Games forum. I'll let gerstrong know about this, though.
Hehe, yes, I'm also an Elvis! ;)
gerstrong wrote:
In case you don't know, this is one of the only two ways (the other is PMs) to notify a user on this forum.
Oops, sorry about mis-posting, I wondered why I wasn't getting any replies, haha!
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Hi elvisish,

Welcome to pckf. Can you tell which version you are using? Also feel free to send me your CGLog.html. that way I can track down the bug easier. Haven't been using w7 for some time but I'll take a look.
Having fun developing stuff...
elvisish
Grunt

Post by elvisish »

Hi there! I'm using version v2.6.3.1-Release, I've PM-ed you the log in case it's of any use!
gerstrong
Vorticon Elite

Post by gerstrong »

Something went wrong here. I didn't get the pm. You can also send it by email, if that is okay for you.
Having fun developing stuff...
elvisish
Grunt

Post by elvisish »

gerstrong wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 21:35 Something went wrong here. I didn't get the pm. You can also send it by email, if that is okay for you.
Just tried again, hope it worked this time! 8)