shikadi's Levelpacks

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Good news,
I just got the first keen 3 levelpack from shikadi, and uploaded it to bipship. So the shikadi levelpacks are complete.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

Ah, thank you. I need to start putting these things into their appropriate sections - I haven't updated anything on bipship.com for a while.

Also, while I was checking on what's been uploaded, I noticed some strange things.

Someone from Rock Island, IL, (ip -removed, now that I've found out who it was-) uploaded an .htaccess file, containing "ErrorDocument 404" - some kind of failed hacking attempt maybe? They also uploaded a copy of my avatar.php file. They also uploaded these two images:

1. A picture of a fleex, and

2. Image

:confused Was this any of you guys?
ckguy
Bipship Engineer

Post by ckguy »

MYSTERY SOLVED. It was Fleexy. :D
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

CK Guy wrote:MYSTERY SOLVED. It was Fleexy. :D
Right. I was trying to have a rotating avatar, but it didn't work, :(

You have a long-unnoticed e-mail, CK Guy. >:

NOOOOO!!!!! All shikadi's levelpacks are in RAR format! My copy of WZ :barf s on RAR. Could you ZIP it please? :begging

--Fleexy

EDIT: I made norpdies.gif once to tease a friend who liked Norp. It actually animates, but only once. :(
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Fleexy wrote:NOOOOO!!!!! All shikadi's levelpacks are in RAR format! My copy of WZ :barf s on RAR. Could you ZIP it please? :begging
Why do you even still HAVE that old crap called WinZip? Get something better. 7zip can support basically any archive format of importance and it doesn't have crap like nag screens. :p
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

DaVince wrote:
Fleexy wrote:NOOOOO!!!!! All shikadi's levelpacks are in RAR format! My copy of WZ :barf s on RAR. Could you ZIP it please? :begging
Why do you even still HAVE that old crap called WinZip? Get something better. 7zip can support basically any archive format of importance and it doesn't have crap like nag screens. :p
I would agree that most of the older versions of WinZip are crap. I have WinZip 11.0 and it works fine. As for all the nag screens, they can all be shut off.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
memsys
Vortininja

Post by memsys »

you might wanna try 7zip it is able to open a lot and the best of all its completely FREE!

7zip site
(i used to be ME!)
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

The .rar was my fault as I uploaded them.

I always rar my files, if I zip them I had problems (yahoo mail didn't let me attach the files for example. Weird.)
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

ZIP works fine for me. I tried installing a new version of WinZip, WinRAR, 7zip, and everything, but my comp blue screens with a device driver error. :(

Could somebody PLEASE zip it? :begging
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Fleexy wrote:ZIP works fine for me. I tried installing a new version of WinZip, WinRAR, 7zip, and everything, but my comp blue screens with a device driver error. :(

Could somebody PLEASE zip it? :begging
Wow, your computer sure is broken. Though I'll have to agree that zip is the best for hosting files since pretty much anyone can open them.
tulip wrote:The .rar was my fault as I uploaded them.

I always rar my files, if I zip them I had problems (yahoo mail didn't let me attach the files for example. Weird.)
Like GMail, Yahoo mail has protection against sending exe files inside ZIP archives. They assume that people who send any other type of archive know what they're doing, and sending their files to other people who know what they're doing. Virus prevention and all that.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

Use good old PKZIP; e-mail things don't recognize that kind of ZIP compression + any old DOS comp comes with PKZIP/PKUNZIP.

Please? :begging
shikadi
Vorticon Elite

Post by shikadi »

buy a new comp? :dopekeen
nothing usefull here
Fleexy
Tool Smith

Post by Fleexy »

:no Image
Commander Spleen
Lord of the Foobs

Post by Commander Spleen »

TAR ftw! 8)

Also, you can get around the zip blocking with free email providers by changing the extension.