The Alphamatic (Version 2 + Marooned Over Mars Expansion)

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Nisaba
Janitress

Re: The Alphamatic (Version 2 + Marooned Over Mars Expansion)

Post by Nisaba »

Gridlock wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 16:57 [...] I can now talk about it. I'm actually a lead engineer (on the publisher side) for Doki Doki Literature Club Plus [...]
Oh wow! this is awesome news! So you are involved in one of the most disturbing and horrifying games which left my skin crawling for days. Doki Doki Literature Club really took me for a ride. starting out incipiently as a typical anime stereotype kinda game which glitched and twisted on me on multiple levels like a deep twinge. I mean... those of you that know, know...

so, yeah! please reveal some insights. this is really exciting. What kind of hierarchies have you encountered? How big is the team? Did you meet at a regular basis? Were decisions made democratically? Have you had a chance to be involved in the creative process? Are there things that got outsourced? Were you able to stay within the timeline? did you crunch? what about rationalisation of workflow? what was your most favourite task? and which things were like necessary evils? so many questions... I guess I'm just curious
out now (link) : Image
Gridlock
Vorticon Elite

Post by Gridlock »

I had very little involvement with the creative process. Mostly just working on the publisher side to help get the game out of the door and coordinating various technical fixes and porting. Unfortunately, I can't really go into specifics beyond that because of confidentiality/NDA reasons. But I still wanted to mention it, because it's really cool.
Armageddon Begins Again. The Alphamatic has arrived.

Atroxian Realm: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3536
The Alphamatic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4086
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

it absolutely is
out now (link) : Image
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

Dang Gridlock getting some real clout out there. :eek I don't know much about that game, but from what I hear it's a pretty big deal in some circles. Congratulations! (That isn't related to Serenity Forge, is it?)

Lower IQ than 314 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 19:08 I don't know that there's much you would need to censor in Atroxian Realm outside of the corpses in the Kridonea Ruins levels, which border on Bio Menace levels of gore, but I can understand. As an adult, it's pretty tame, but if I were a little kid playing that mod, I might have had a hard time with it, too.
Yeah, that's kinda what I meant. Removing any explicit blood. (Not the fallen Krile soldiers themselves, since that seems like it would change the story too much; just making it not so gory.) Probably isn't much to anyone that regularly plays DOOM or whatever, but for anyone not used to that kind of thing it is kind of intense. I mean, even some adults are bothered by that stuff.

In case it wasn't obvious from my other post about "younger siblings and strict rules", it had already been necessary for me to create such an edit. :p I brought it up here just in case anyone else needs it.
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image