Anime and Manga thread

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
Grimson
The Dragoner

Post by Grimson »

I watched the Death Note anime. I didn't really like it, L was a funny character, and I suppose partially because of him I watched every one of the 20 first episodes. I started skipping episodes to the end half of the anime. It just got boring in my opinion, I disliked some of the characters, including the protagonist (which ironically is the evil one).

However, the two other anime I have ever watched (and both enjoyed) are Trigun and Fullmetal Alchemist (well, three actually, since there are two FMA anime series). I'm currently following the Brotherhood series and it's been exciting, I can't wait another week to see the next episode :D
"All those thousands upon thousands of junk foods made for me on the various planets I explored make me wonder how I'm still alive."
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

I agree with DaVince: Studio Ghibli films a usually a must-see. I've only seen a few shows, of which I enjoyed Cowboy Bebop, Lupin. Also Agent Aika was kinda hilarious who all the girls all the time fall in a way so you can see their panties.
I've read no manga so far that I've liked.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
DaVince
lazy/busy Keener

Post by DaVince »

Here's a manga you might like, then: Monster. It's a psychological thriller set (mostly) in Germany. A doctor saves a child's life, who then turns into a hyper-intelligent mass murderer after growing up. The doctor feels the responsibility and will do everything in his power to stop the murderer... while fleeing from the police for being the main suspect himself.
Wow look at me I'm lurking
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

To be honest, I think the Monster anime was better. The cliffhangers weren't quite as cruel, and the music was absolutely perfect. I hope 20th Century Boys someday gets that treatment. :)
BlueGasMask
Vorticon Elite

Post by BlueGasMask »

HAI GUISE
My sister watches DeathNote I watched some of it. I like it for the whole psychoanalysis factor.
Pokemanz ftw
Hoshi No Kaabii is the garg. Not Kirby: Right Back At Ya.