Classic Arcade Games

Discuss classic and favorite computer or console games here.
Nisaba
Janitress

Re: Classic Arcade Games

Post by Nisaba »

yeah, "Micro Mages" had a huge impact on the homebrew scene.

also "Tapeworm Disco Puzzle" and "NEScape!" are some pretty awesome NES homebrews that are definitely worth checking out.
out now (link) : Image
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Classic arcade games are so much fun! I even made an arcade-like game a few years ago, called Go! Go! Gooble!!. I love how they're so simple at the surface, yet they can be quite complex deep down and very challenging! I've went to an actual arcade (that has classic games!) a few times; it's always a fun time! I remember Dig-Dug and Q*Bert in particular being very fun. I once played Pooyan, only because someone told me my Battle in the Future game reminded him of Pooyan for some reason.

Lately I've been playing these games on the Atari 2600 (via emulation). Some games were actually ported very nicely to that little console! The ones I find myself playing pretty frequently are:

-Centipede
-Missle Command
-Ms. Pac-Man
-Space Invaders
-Yars' Revenge (actually an original Atari 2600 game, but it's very arcade-like)

I've tried Q*Bert, but with the arrows on a keyboard, it's very easy to make a wrong move! :crazy

That story about Anteater is pretty funny indeed, Soul Monster! :lol Never heard of that game.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Post by Soul Monster »

Quillax wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:00 Classic arcade games are so much fun! I even made an arcade-like game a few years ago, called Go! Go! Gooble!!. I love how they're so simple at the surface, yet they can be quite complex deep down and very challenging! I've went to an actual arcade (that has classic games!) a few times; it's always a fun time! I remember Dig-Dug and Q*Bert in particular being very fun. I once played Pooyan, only because someone told me my Battle in the Future game reminded him of Pooyan for some reason.

Lately I've been playing these games on the Atari 2600 (via emulation). Some games were actually ported very nicely to that little console! The ones I find myself playing pretty frequently are:

-Centipede
-Missle Command
-Ms. Pac-Man
-Space Invaders
-Yars' Revenge (actually an original Atari 2600 game, but it's very arcade-like)

I've tried Q*Bert, but with the arrows on a keyboard, it's very easy to make a wrong move! :crazy

That story about Anteater is pretty funny indeed, Soul Monster! :lol Never heard of that game.
All great choices. Never even heard of the last one, I'll have to look it up.

Glad you like the Anteater story. There's plenty more I could tell involving games.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

I recommended giving Yars' Revenge a shot! It's really fun and challenging (especially if you play game #6), and it's often considered one of the best games on the Atari 2600. Another arcade-like Atari 2600 game that I've been having fun playing is Fantastic Voyage. For an adaptation of a 1960s movie, the gameplay is very solid and challenging! The sounds are great! Makes me want to see the movie someday. :)
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
DoomJedi
Vorticon Elite

Post by DoomJedi »

Magic Sword is cool arcade game, AB Cop, Hydra, Burning Force, Thunder Blade, AfterBurner, Pooyan is fun too, Gradius, Shadow Dancer
alexis92
Grunt

Post by alexis92 »

Used to love the Aladdin game for the SNES - always thought the parkour moves and the parachute were super cool. I'll be damned if I ever got past that third stage though, god. Watching it back still gives me trauma.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjLtC2hDmTE