Commander Keen 64

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Thanks guys so much!

Hey MrBlack, the demo has actually been released, here is a link to the demo (sorry about the un-updated first post of this thread): viewtopic.php?t=323
Djaser
Holy Monk Yorp

Post by Djaser »

I would at least add some textures to the Continuous tracks, even the 2d version has details there.
Last edited by Djaser on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
Aaaah, not the bees!
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Good point, I even want to put animated textures on the treads eventually and even some of the gears on the side. I think I should've put WIP (work in progress) next to it.

Thanks!
ZidaneA
Shikadi Master

Post by ZidaneA »

What are you gonna update the game with next? The Pogo maybe?
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Yeah, it would be great to see how 3d pogoing works.

Nice work by the way, Lava89
Image You crack me up little buddy!
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

maybe even a vorticon :begging
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Thanks Tulip!

ZidaneA: I have been throwing around ideas to make something that focuses on the Pogo, kinda like the "gameplay" demo I made before I released the official demo. And what I am thinking is adding a new level to last demo I made which will be the pogo level from the original game, then leaving room for you to go to the "Beta" level and have fun with the pogo. This will allow me to show off a level actually based on the original game and since the level is small I won't need a level editor (which is what is holding me back from making the full game).

However I do not know when I will start on this, but I do have some pogo gameplay done, that I accidentally made when I was developing Keen's jump.

jonnyspeight: Sadly no, the "pogo" demo idea I had will not include a vorticon, however I do have a vorticon model lying around that I have worked on, but it's still a WIP. I might show him here sometime to get people's opinion.

Here is the Guard Robot again but textured, I'd say it's still WIP, so if anything looks off let me know. I did add a black rim around the eye of the robot because I felt it contrasted more with the red, like in the original. Even though the black around the eye in 2D sprite was just a pixel outline, I am sure.

Mink
Vortininja'd

Post by Mink »

I think the new version looks much nicer (especially the treads). Keep up the good work.
tulip
Flower Pot

Post by tulip »

Well, now that the tracks are textured the upper part needs a bit of texture too, right now it looks a bit like the two parts don't belong together. The texture may be a bit too fine for the rest. Other than that really cool, you used brighter colors than the original I think, it looks more comicy that way.
Image You crack me up little buddy!
Genius314
Vorticon Elite

Post by Genius314 »

I think it'd look more "N64-ish" if you used a more pixel-y texture for the treads. The lines are too thin right now.
Also, the wheels are way too round. (Maybe make them just textures? It's seem more like something on the N64.)
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Thanks Mink!

Alright here is the more cartoony version. And Genius314, the wheels were just textures, I just embossed them so they didn't look that way, but I took that off.

Thanks Tulip and Genius314!

jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

[quote="Lava89"]Thanks Tulip!

ZidaneA: I have been throwing around ideas to make something that focuses on the Pogo, kinda like the "gameplay" demo I made before I released the official demo. And what I am thinking is adding a new level to last demo I made which will be the pogo level from the original game, then leaving room for you to go to the "Beta" level and have fun with the pogo. This will allow me to show off a level actually based on the original game and since the level is small I won't need a level editor (which is what is holding me back from making the full game).

However I do not know when I will start on this, but I do have some pogo gameplay done, that I accidentally made when I was developing Keen's jump.

jonnyspeight: Sadly no, the "pogo" demo idea I had will not include a vorticon, however I do have a vorticon model lying around that I have worked on, but it's still a WIP. I might show him here sometime to get people's opinion.

Here is the Guard Robot again but textured, I'd say it's still WIP, so if anything looks off let me know. I did add a black rim around the eye of the robot because I felt it contrasted more with the red, like in the original. Even though the black around the eye in 2D sprite was just a pixel outline, I am sure.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/ ... oboTex.jpg[/img][/quote]

aw, pity, vorticon might be kewl, give the dog a bone perhaps
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

The texturing is very good.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
jonnyspeight
Vorticon Elite

Post by jonnyspeight »

in 3d it just looks able to kill you off!!!
jimmyjames
Vortininja

Post by jimmyjames »

The texturing looks very cartoony. Just what is needed.
Forget it.