Sorry for not being more communicative over these last [glances at wristwatch] eighteen months, but "real life" kinda got in a way for a while (In addition to day-job stuff and various COVID-related inconveniences, Mrs. Kohntarkosz and I had a baby girl last year, and we also bought and renovated a new house.)
Anyway, enough about me. Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ArdTI3 ... sp=sharing
Start the game by running CK6START.EXE. Further instructions are in readme.txt.
This is not a 'perfect' product, and I may release an update at some point, but I am in no position to provide a precise timeline for that. However I believe all of the game-breaking bugs have been fixed. This includes the following:
- Tile issues on every level have been fixed (too many to list)
- Sprite-clipping issues have been fixed or circumvented
- CK6START.EXE runs faster now
- I have given up on the "one map, two rocket paths" idea that I used in the beta. In this version, you can use the rocket while playing as Keen, but when you play as Rick, there is a teleporter in place of the rocket.
- There has been major progress on the memory issues: in all of the testing environments I've tried, the game runs with no memory errors whatsoever as long as the "total memory available" displayed on the startup screen is greater than ~330kB. (I really need to learn to pay more attention to memory in the development phase. )
Thanks again for all your feedback in the development thread, and thanks for being so patient with what was, in retrospect, kind of a broken beta. This community is great.