Planets with rushing text in intro sequences

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Nowhere Girl
Vortininja

Planets with rushing text in intro sequences

Post by Nowhere Girl »

Some Keen games have these sequences with text rushing away from the player on the backdrop of a planet. For example like here in "Aliens Ate My Babysitter!":
Do all Keen games have it? In "Aliens Ate My Babysitter" and some mods it opens after the sequence with moving "C-O-M-M-A-N-D-E-R K-E-E-N" letters and then the title screen. However, in Keen 4 and 5 the demo runs instead. But now I'm playing "Atroxian Realm" and I discovered that this sequence can be in a different place. Do Keen 4 and 5 have this sequence? And if yes, how to access it?
Multimania
Vortininja
Location: Hiding in a small, cramped corner of the BwB megarocket.

Re: Planets with rushing text in intro sequences

Post by Multimania »

Keens 4, 5, and 6 all have this "Star Wars" scroller. It usually plays after the first level's demo.

So, on Keen 4, if you leave the title screen for long enough, first the Border Village demo will play, then the Star Wars story text.
(You can quit out of the demo with escape and then use the "Return to Demo" menu option as well, if you don't want to look through the whole demo first.)
Nisaba
Janitress

Re: Planets with rushing text in intro sequences

Post by Nisaba »

out now (link) : Image