The Shadowlands (Keen 4 fan-shrine)

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

The Shadowlands (Keen 4 fan-shrine)

Post by Quillax »

There's a neat website called Koshka's Kingdom, which has a wide variety of content, part of which is a mysterious mansion containing a few pages (or shrines as Koshka calls them) dedicated to DOS games. A while ago, Koshka put up a Commander Keen 4 shrine, called The Shadowlands. It's really cool! I figure that it's about time the biggest Keen community knows about this! :) :lindsey :wormouth :poison :dopefish

https://koshka.love/keen4/keen4.html

(Also, I really recommended checking out the rest of Koshka's site. There's some really good stuff, and I'm not just talking about the DOS game shrines! It's incredibly charming too! Here's a link to the front page: https://koshka.love/index.html)
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Re: The Shadowlands (Keen 4 fan-shrine)

Post by Benvolio »

Exceptionally neat find! Love the Keen shrine, the windows 98 "web page" folder (though I hate those in real life) and the Make The Web Great Again article.
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Post by Pandakeen »

This website was pretty interesting. I think I'm going to use "NeoCities" for my own website sometime. I've heard of it before but never really checked it out until seeing this.
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Post by Soul Monster »

This really feels like the old websites I used to go on way back in the day. This was a great find Quillax, thank you for sharing this!

EDIT: This guy has some really fascinating articles on the decline of the internet. It's great to see someone going into detail about all this stuff and what can be done to improve it without stuffing my face with ads and political biases.