Modded Music that goes well with a Commander Keen game

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Kayburt
Vortininja

Modded Music that goes well with a Commander Keen game

Post by Kayburt »

Commander Keen has great music, but very little in the way of variety. This is understandable that id Software needed the games to fit on 5.25 floppy disks. Keen 4 had six tracks, Keen 5 had thirteen tracks (not including the unused track) and Keen 6 had nine tracks (including one reused from Keen 4).

Then came the newly composed soundtracks in the unofficial Universe Is Toast trilogy, which came out really well. Not forgetting other composed music for The Alphamatic and Atroxian Realm.

Other mods like Marooned on Mars reuse some of Bobby Prince's other music among other ones. Personally I don't think Corridor 7, Blake Stone or Duke Nukem II tracks really fit the mood of a Commander Keen game.

If you could mod music tracks and recompose them into Adlib or Soundblaster tracks, which do you think would go well with a Commander Keen game?

One music track that comes to my mind is "Apollo's House 1" from the Xbox game "Sneakers" (0:01 to 0:24) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39NdZKRtz54
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Re: Modded Music that goes well with a Commander Keen game

Post by Quillax »

There's a MIDI version of the Eagles' Witchy Woman that sounds very Keenish, especially at the electric guitar segments. I'd love to hear that in a Keen mod. :)
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!