What would Billie do different?

This is where you can post your Commander Keen related stories, artwork, or other stuff that is related to Commander Keen but otherwise doesn't belong in another forum.
Kayburt
Vortininja

What would Billie do different?

Post by Kayburt »

It was not until 2019 that we see that Billy Blaze has a sister called Billie. So far as the smartphone game goes, we seen both siblings do nothing but jump around on arcade style platform levels. But if it were up to Billie, what would she do different? How would she fare against the Martians and Vorticons? What kind of weird dreams would she find herself in only her PJs and slippers? What plan of action would she have against the Shikadi? And how well can she rescue Molly McMire? I'd like to know more about Billie. Her appearance reminds me of a Dexter Dee-Dee hybrid. She seems like one the kick-butt types but perhaps not as likely to fall into Mr. 315's evil traps, but would probably stun the entire Vorticon population without realising they aren't evil. What do you think Billie would do different from her brother?
CatsAreFuclingEpic
Grunt

Re: What would Billie do different?

Post by CatsAreFuclingEpic »

She would pour milk into the bowl before adding the cereal :dead
no just kidding, good question, i honestly don't know! xD
Dopefish used IDDQD! :dopefish
XkyRauh
Mortimer's RightHand Man

Post by XkyRauh »

I feel like there was a time when having multiple characters in a game with differing abilities was just a thing (Lost Vikings, Donkey Kong Country/64, Contra Hard Corps, etc.) and from that perspective, it seems like Billie would/should be designed with a different toy item. Billy's got the Pogo Stick, so Commander Keen's whole thing is higher jumps and improved vertical exploration. Maybe Billie's got a jump rope for tethering/whip-like stuff? Maybe a yo-yo for getting 'round corners? Maybe a hula hoop for, uh, breaking a special type of block? Maybe to fit into much older game design tropes, she's physically smaller and can pass through areas Billy can't? Maybe we flip the trope and make her the one with superior firepower?

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with her just being a different skin for the protagonist character. Being given the opportunity to play as a character you identify with is valuable!
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

I really think the yo-yo could be a vehicle for huge platforming creativity... for enhanced mobility, or as a weapon. It would really fit that toy-oriented Keen1 aesthetic (and by extension one of my favourite classic mods, Kidnapped Keen)
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Maybe little bit off-topic, but if Commander Keen is Billy Blaze, then Billie Blaze should be Commander Kveen (spelling wordplay of "queen").
Yeah, piece of cake!
Lower IQ than 314
Vortininja

Post by Lower IQ than 314 »

szemi wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 20:27 ...Billie Blaze should be Commander Kveen (spelling wordplay of "queen").
How about no?
szemi
Vorticon Elite

Post by szemi »

Lower IQ than 314 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 19:53
szemi wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 20:27 ...Billie Blaze should be Commander Kveen (spelling wordplay of "queen").
How about no?
How about letting other people to decide? 1 no is 1 no.
Yeah, piece of cake!