Keen 3 Gold Edition

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.

Wanna see Keen 3 Gold?

Yes, do it in all cases!
64%
Nah, Keen 1 & 2 Gold are enough for me.
9%
As you want...
27%

Total votes: 11

szemi
Vorticon Elite

Keen 3 Gold Edition

Post by szemi »

Hello there! As you may know, I've already made Keen 1 and 2 Gold Editions. Well, I'm going to work on Keen 3 Gold as well soon with +16 newer levels and fixed stuff if everything goes good.

Would like to hear your thoughts.
Yeah, piece of cake!
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Keen 3 Gold Edition

Post by Roobar »

How do you plan on adding so many levels? Sounds more like a level pack mod instead of just fixing the existing issues. If you've made 16 levels, just release it as a stand alone level pack that includes only the new levels.
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

To be fair, with Keen 3 specifically, making entirely new levels *is* fixing issues. :p
Lower IQ than 314
Vortininja

Post by Lower IQ than 314 »

Nospike wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:53 To be fair, with Keen 3 specifically, making entirely new levels *is* fixing issues. :p
We already have something kinda similar to what you're thinking of...
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

Lower IQ than 314 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 19:58
Nospike wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:53 To be fair, with Keen 3 specifically, making entirely new levels *is* fixing issues. :p
Exactly what leapt to my mind, too. That and the Mr. Black Pack, which I love so god damn much that it's basically become canonical Keen 3 in my mind. Even better that I first listened to The Wall, start to finish, all while playing it so the two are forever intertwined in the warmest parts of my heart. (Because nothing says heartwarming like The Wall amirite)

That said, we can never have too many reimagined Keen 3s, probably the episode outside of Dreams most demanding of a remaster. I say go for it if you want to.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Keen3 terrain is also fairly ugly looking, a talented pixel artist could definitely improve on them.
Toothpick
Vortininja

Post by Toothpick »

Lower IQ than 314 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 19:58
Eyy, people still remember that level pack I made 10 years ago! Good to know the work I put into it was never forgotten after all.

I'd say go for it! It's always fascinating seeing how others would "fix" Keen 3. It's not often you see others try to attempt it, but that's also coming from someone who barely frequents this forum. Best of luck either way!