Inspiration Keen 5 Song

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
Yum-Kimil
Grunt

Inspiration Keen 5 Song

Post by Yum-Kimil »

Hi. Don't know if someone already discussed it here. Anyway... I found no mention in the Keen Wiki...
Yesterday I was half drunk driving back home and the radio in my car was playing a song and it remembered me Commander Keen 5 instantly. After a quick Research I found out that the music in the radio was "Crazy Music (for Crazy People)" from Ottawan, and it sonds very similar to "Be Very Sphereful With My Diamonds". Maybe an inspirarion to Mr. Prince?
Merry Christmas for everybody!
Multimania
Vortininja
Location: Hiding in a small, cramped corner of the BwB megarocket.

Re: Inspiration Keen 5 Song

Post by Multimania »

Wow: I definitely see what you mean. I'm going to have to try playing through some defense tunnels to this!

Here's a link to it on youtube.
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Wow, what a crazy discovery! It could've been an inspiration for Bobby Prince; it wouldn't be the only time he makes a song that is based on someone else's. Beside the QED music (based on Mars, the Bringer of War from The Planets suite), wasn't there a song or two from Cosmo that took inspiration from another song?
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Frenkel
Vortininja

Post by Frenkel »

Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

Ah, neat! Thanks! For some reason, I thought Teck 2 was also based on a non-video game song, but according to that wiki, it's not.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!