Keen 14: Secret of the Sorcerer

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Keen 14: Secret of the Sorcerer

Post by DarkAle »

Hello, everyone
I fell asleep a little recently and didn't give any news of my mod, but from now I promise you that I'll be very active. Today I'm proud to release, after more than a year and a half,

Commander Keen in... "Robot Apocalypse", episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer
Download link: Version 1.4
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8iadofo0 ... 4.rar/file

I wanted to release it on Keen Day but my final review was over sooner than I thought. There are 16 levels, among which the BWB Megarocket, a secret level and an EH level! Open the README file to see what is it!

Credits:
Creator - DarkAle
Main artists - Awesome-Keener, Ceilick
Other artwork contributions - Gridlock, Nisaba
Patching help - K1n9_Duk3
Composers - 55Aavenue, XkyRauh
Beta Testers - Syllypryde, Arnulf, XkyRauh
Demo Tester - Szemigi
Tools used - Abiathar by Fleexy, Modid by lemm, KeenWave by Levellass, WDC by Adam Biser, MIDI2IMF by K1n9_Duk3, KeenScr by Leandrotlz, Startext by Levellass, CKPatch by Admiral Bob

Tell me if I didn't include you in the list

Enjoy! :D
Last edited by DarkAle on Wed Oct 05, 2022 20:04, edited 6 times in total.
Commander Keen in... Robot Apocalypse!
Episode 13: The Ultra Omegamatic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6802
Episode 14: Secret of the Sorcerer viewtopic.php?t=13031
Pandakeen
Vortininja

Re: Keen 14: Secret of the Sorcerer

Post by Pandakeen »

This looks neat! Just started playing it.
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

I noticed you decided to not add Bridge Station to the game. It is still only accessible through the warp cheat.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Post by Soul Monster »

You weren't kidding when you said this would be released soon. I just downloaded it, and hopefully I can get around to playing through it in the next few days.
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

Syllypryde wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 23:04 I noticed you decided to not add Bridge Station to the game. It is still only accessible through the warp cheat.
Yeah, because I didn't like that level
Soul Monster wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 23:45 You weren't kidding when you said this would be released soon
I never kid :evil
Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

oh sweet. you've already released your next mod. when i look at the title screen, a threatening and dark mood sets in, as if a paramilitary artificial intelligence is taking over the world. What's interesting, though, is that Keen seems more annoyed than frightened by those laser firing space fighters. curious how this might turn out in game
out now (link) : Image
Syllypryde
Vorticon Elite

Post by Syllypryde »

DarkAle wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:06 Yeah, because I didn't like that level
That is interesting. When I was helping you playtest it and we were corresponding, when I told you I actually liked that level you said you would consider putting it into the game. Obviously you changed your mind. It is okay. It is your mod and and I have no intentions of attempting to change your mind. Like I said, it is still accessible with the warp cheat and those of us who like it will still be able to play it. Just like when I was playtesting I can only achieve 1,167,300 points. Just like then I am 2,000 points short. I still can't seem to find those final points and I have been through all the levels.

Oh well, I am sure I will find them eventually.
.niarb ym fo
snoitulovnoc eht tuaba
selbbarcs ssensuoicsnoc
rehgih a ekil smees
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

Syllypryde wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 13:52
DarkAle wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:06 Yeah, because I didn't like that level
That is interesting. When I was helping you playtest it and we were corresponding, when I told you I actually liked that level you said you would consider putting it into the game. Obviously you changed your mind. It is okay. It is your mod and and I have no intentions of attempting to change your mind.
I told you this because, as a surprise before The Mystic Artifact, I was going to do a community levelpack as was done with Dead in the Desert and the best level would be added to the mod. For that I would have used Bridge Station but since the idea of ​​surprise has changed I decided not to put that level. As you have already said, however, it is accessible via W + F10 and those who want to play it can do so
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

Pretty damn cool mod. I like the graphics, that dark starry sky is absolutely gorgeous. :drool
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

Pandakeen wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 19:47 This looks neat! Just started playing it.
Soul Monster wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 23:45 You weren't kidding when you said this would be released soon. I just downloaded it, and hopefully I can get around to playing through it in the next few days.
Nisaba wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:19 oh sweet. you've already released your next mod. when i look at the title screen, a threatening and dark mood sets in, as if a paramilitary artificial intelligence is taking over the world. What's interesting, though, is that Keen seems more annoyed than frightened by those laser firing space fighters. curious how this might turn out in game
Syllypryde wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 13:52 Just like when I was playtesting I can only achieve 1,167,300 points. Just like then I am 2,000 points short. I still can't seem to find those final points and I have been through all the levels.

Oh well, I am sure I will find them eventually.
Nospike wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:25 Pretty damn cool mod. I like the graphics, that dark starry sky is absolutely gorgeous. :drool
Thanks for your replies, guys. I'm glad that this mod is considered
DarkAle
Vorticon Elite

Post by DarkAle »

Hello and happy Keen Day!
As I said here, here you are an update:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/e926k7f0 ... 1.rar/file

What I have done is just a few edits in the final sequence, since I have not received any news of bugs, glitches and so on. Anyway, have you already played this mod? If yes, please tell me your opinion, it will allow me to understand what the community likes and what it does not and what I have to improve of myself
Nowhere Girl
Vortininja

Post by Nowhere Girl »

How to run the game? Since it's a Keen 6 mod, I added the game's exe file to the folder, but none of the game's now three available executable files seem to work. DOSBox immediately closes if I try to run the game using any of them.
(I use D-Fend Reloaded, not "raw" DOSBox. I tried entering each of the three files as the one for running the game's profile.)
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Post by Soul Monster »

DarkAle wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 15:55 Hello and happy Keen Day!
As I said here, here you are an update:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/e926k7f0 ... 1.rar/file

What I have done is just a few edits in the final sequence, since I have not received any news of bugs, glitches and so on. Anyway, have you already played this mod? If yes, please tell me your opinion, it will allow me to understand what the community likes and what it does not and what I have to improve of myself
Awesome! Good to see there's an update already!

I've played a few stages so far and everything I've seen is excellent! Before I play through the whole game, I missed out on the first 2 games in the series and want to do a quick run through both of them within the next few days. Once I've beaten SOTS I'll post a full review.
Nowhere Girl
Vortininja

Post by Nowhere Girl »

Just to add: I unchecked the box "Close DOSBox after closing the program" and could read the message: "MM_Ptr: Out of memory!". What does it mean? What is wrong and what should I do to successfully run the game?
Nospike
Keen Minecrafter

Post by Nospike »

@Nowhere Girl, are you getting this error when you launch using the Keen14.bat file?