Keen Awards 2021: Winners

See the 2023 Keen Awards winners!
55Aavenue
Vortininja

Re: Keen Awards 2021: Winners

Post by 55Aavenue »

Great work on the trophies once again Lava89, super cool! Thank you!!!
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

Hmm I know, I can set the trophy as my desktop background for a few days! That's how I can display it!
...this image is bigger than my screen lol

Thanks again for volunteering to create these, Lava89!
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image
Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Post by Quillax »

A bit late here, but I'd like to say: Congratulations to all of the winners! 2021 had a lot of cool Keen stuff, and I hope this year will have just as much, if not even more! :) It's so nice to see Ceilick win his first Keen Award after all these years! And those trophies, oh those trophies, those are neat! Very very very neat! :drool

Thanks to all of those who nominated and voted for me, even if it was just a single vote. :lol
proYorp wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:46 Hmm I know, I can set the trophy as my desktop background for a few days! That's how I can display it!

That's a very neat idea! I probably would've done that if my computer allowed me to change the background. What I did instead was put my trophies into my website. :yorp :pogo
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!
Mort
Vortininja

Post by Mort »

Hey, thanks for the votes for "Best Narrative". Now if I ever get around to putting the strips in a book I'll be able to list this award on the back cover surrounded by those olive branch things. :D
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

Sorry for the late response but I want to thank everyone for the kind words, regarding the trophies I made.
Nisaba wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:21 Damn, these trophies are just incredibly beautiful. They look so phenomenally fantastic. I am blown away by their extraordinary design. splendid job, Lava89, splendid job.
Thank you so much, Nisbala!!
proYorp wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:46 Hmm I know, I can set the trophy as my desktop background for a few days! That's how I can display it!

You're welcome proYorp!
Quillax wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:44 A bit late here, but I'd like to say: Congratulations to all of the winners! 2021 had a lot of cool Keen stuff, and I hope this year will have just as much, if not even more! :) It's so nice to see Ceilick win his first Keen Award after all these years! And those trophies, oh those trophies, those are neat! Very very very neat! :drool
Thank you Quillax.!!
55Aavenue wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:34 Great work on the trophies once again Lava89, super cool! Thank you!!!
Thanks 55avenue!
DarkAle wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 18:24 I love them! Really nice work!
Glad you like them! Thanks DarkAle!
Nospike wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:23 These are amazing. Lava89, the community's authority on 3D stuff. :)
Wow, thank you!! I really appreciate that!
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

It's a bit late (again), but anyway, I really didn't expect to win "Online Community Service Recognition" two times in succession. That's amazing. Thank you so much! The many replies in this thread that show your approval for this tradition I revived some years ago make me happy, too. Means a lot to me. :)

@TheBigV: Thank you for updating the KeenWiki article on Keen Awards. :)

Also, thanks for the votes for the PCKF Archive and its fanart section. I admit it had been rather quite for a while, but from now on, there should be regular updates again. Today's update included DSL's renders of Keen and Spot, part of the big collection Levellass sent to me. I was totally excited about them in 2005 as a schoolboy. Still like them a lot, and really happy to have them back. Just feel the urge to post a link:
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
alexis92
Grunt

Post by alexis92 »

Woah, someone really rewrote the entire source code for 3 whole games? That actually is crazy... No surprise that it won the award, very impressive!
55Aavenue
Vortininja

Post by 55Aavenue »

So I thought Lava89 might enjoy seeing one of his digital trophies brought to life in the real world. One of my neighbours who does woodworking as a hobby decided to bring my digital best music award trophy to life as sort of a joke gift for my birthday. I actually really like it, and thought you might all enjoy seeing it, so here it is, Lava89's amazing 3d artistry recreated as a real life wooden trophy!

Nisaba
Janitress

Post by Nisaba »

now this is super awesome. love to have such a neighbour myself! do you know anything about the production time. and what are the dimensions of this splendid looking product?
Last edited by Nisaba on Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:46, edited 1 time in total.
out now (link) : Image
Lava89
Vorticon Elite

Post by Lava89 »

55Aavenue wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:09 So I thought Lava89 might enjoy seeing one of his digital trophies brought to life in the real world. One of my neighbours who does woodworking as a hobby decided to bring my digital best music award trophy to life as sort of a joke gift for my birthday. I actually really like it, and thought you might all enjoy seeing it, so here it is, Lava89's amazing 3d artistry recreated as a real life wooden trophy!

Wow! SUPER cool! And I'm super honored! :O

Thanks for showing me!
Nisaba wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:01 now this is super awesome. what I had such a neighbour! do you know anything about the production time. and what are the dimensions of this splendid looking product?
Wondering this myself. :)
55Aavenue
Vortininja

Post by 55Aavenue »

Lava89 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 0:00
Nisaba wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:01 now this is super awesome. what I had such a neighbour! do you know anything about the production time. and what are the dimensions of this splendid looking product?
Wondering this myself. :)
I believe he made it in a couple of hours. Its about the size of a coffee mug.
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

55Aavenue wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:09 So I thought Lava89 might enjoy seeing one of his digital trophies brought to life in the real world. One of my neighbours who does woodworking as a hobby decided to bring my digital best music award trophy to life as sort of a joke gift for my birthday. [...]
That's amazing! :eek Thank you for sharing this.

This reminds me of the models of Lava89's trophies for the 2019 Awards. I wonder if anyone has done anything with those yet?
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net