Commander keen on iOS? + how to get access to the commander genius discord?

You can discuss anything about fan-made Commander Keen games here.
A commander jeens99
Grunt

Commander keen on iOS? + how to get access to the commander genius discord?

Post by A commander jeens99 »

Hello, so I am a née commander keen fan, and wanted to try the old classics on iOS, maybe like any fan ports that runs the official classics. I know that apple literally doesn’t allow things like unofficial ports on the App Store, so I was just wondering. Also is it alright if someone can please help me get access to the commander genius discord? Thank you.
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Re: Commander keen on iOS? + how to get access to the commander genius discord?

Post by proYorp »

Hello! Commander Genius doesn't have an iOS port and I don't think there are plans to produce one at the moment. (I think Apple doesn't allow apps that have their own internal app store to download more games, like what CGenius has for mods. Or something along those lines, been awhile since I learned about that.) I haven't heard of any other Keen ports that may be geared towards iOS. I think there are websites that have some Keen games that you can play in the browser but I can't imagine that would be very easy to use with mobile controls.

I'm not aware of the existence of a Commander Genius Discord (I only know about the PCKF Discord which I think you've already joined), but if there is one for CGenius I'm sure gerstrong would know so I will go ahead and ping him:
gerstrong wrote:
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image