Bunny Basher 3: Easter Escapades

Here is where to post about the latest Commander Keen fangame or modification you've finished, a new website you've made, or another Keen-related creation.
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Bunny Basher 3: Easter Escapades

Post by Benvolio »

Hello everyone and I hope you are all having a good Good Friday.

Now it's time for our long eared hippity hoppity little chum to return to our screens for another countryside caper.

Click below and dive into a new Keen1 effort entitled "Bunny Basher 3: Easter Escapades".

It's not some sort of mammoth magnum opus or anything but hopefully a source of a little amusement this weekend.

One can overthink when exactly to release an easter mod, as restraint is meant to be shown until Sunday. But with the widespread timezones of the world, the lag time for people to notice that this is out, and people's inability to actually exercise self restraint, why not get it out on Good Friday. Anyway I've moved from oldfashioned Ireland where Good Friday is a dour work day with all alcohol sales banned, to Britain where it is a sunny bank holiday with pubs open for business, so some of the reverence for the early part of the weekend has been eroded anyway.

Enough rabbitting on about nothing in particular.

Get egg hunting... https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qyx7op6veuzh ... B.ZIP?dl=0
Roobar
Vorticon Elite

Re: Bunny Basher 3: Easter Escapades

Post by Roobar »

Such a nice and relaxing mod! I like it! :yorp
Soul Monster
Vortininja

Post by Soul Monster »

Just beat it. Roobar is right, it is nice and relaxing. Sure it's nothing groundbreaking, but I had fun playing it and I got some amusement out of it like you intended. I think that's part of the reason I like this mod: it's not designed to be overly challenging, it's not an action packed epic adventure where the planet is at stake or anything, and it won't take you all day to beat it. It's there to be a fun little adventure about a bunny collecting Easter eggs. With how the game is structured it kind of reminded me of old flash games I used to play online, or how back in the day when I used to use Google, they'd have short games or animations you could play for the doodle. This was my introduction to the Bunny Basher series, so one of these days I'll have to play through the first 2 in the series.

Also, I found the idea of the attack being projectile feces hilarious! (and it's not even a Paramultart mod!) :moon :lol

Oh, and before I forget, I read the README file, and I enjoyed hearing what you had to say about Easter. I've probably mentioned this in previous threads, but I always like hearing what you guys do for holidays elsewhere in the world. I laughed at the part talking about the traditional roast lamb giving way to overindulgence in over packaged chocolate in the West. I mean, it's true, I'm guilty of having partaken in that tradition myself, but I don't overdo it like most people in the states. My tradition mostly consists of a dinner of ham and some kind of potato dish while spending time with family.

Anyway, Happy Easter to you Benvolio (as well as the rest of the PCKF), and thank you for the surprise Easter mod!
proYorp
Vorticon Elite

Post by proYorp »

Cool, don't think there's been an Easter mod in like a decade or something. Downloaded it. Sounds like a quick play so I might try to give it a go sometime soon.

Is it necessary to first play Bunny Basher 1 and 2 in order to properly appreciate the lore of the Bunny Basher universe? Or is this more a standalone adventure that doesn't need further context?

Happy Easter all!
"Friendly. Very friendly. Too friendly." Image
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Lol thanks guys for enjoying so far! Rest assured there is no heavy duty plot to navigate and there couldn't be less complexity to the game! In fact, there aren't even any Easter Eggs in the mod...