TmsT Vintage Archive

A general chat area, here you can post anything that doesn't belong in another forum.
Grandy02
Vortininja

TmsT Vintage Archive

Post by Grandy02 »

You might have seen the gallery of TooMuchSpareTime a.k.a. Andrew Kepple in the PCKF Archive's fanart section, with most of the comics and other works dating to the early and mid-2000s. When I gathered those, I saw a lot of other nice stuff, and thought that it would be neat to have an archive for the non-Keen pieces, too. One day, I decided to create exactly that, and this is the result:

The TmsT Vintage Archive, with more than 500 pieces, including comics, cartoons, and animations. You'll notice that the site looks quite similar to the PCKF Archive.

It is divided into multiple sections, the biggest one being Goodbye, Cruel World!, a webcomic that was active from 2001 to 2005 (about 60% archived). Anyone else who remembers the antics of Noel and Leon Lemming?

Note: The site is not recommended to people who are easily offended.
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Re: TmsT Vintage Archive

Post by Toomuchsparetime »

I heartily endorse this event or product.

Grandy has done what I never could bring myself to do: Trawl through the Waybackmachine for traces of things that I made and that were hosted on the many, many websites that "died" over the years. I wasn't completely neglectful, though; plenty of it's still backed up on writable CDs/DVDs and other drives, but there's also a lot that has been lost each time a website went under or an account got deleted without warning. Like many artists (and comedians, and politicians) I can usually only look back at my older work and cringe, so rather than spend time trying to dig it up again, I tend to move on and make new and (ostensibly) improved pieces.

That said, there is always lost treasure - the few pieces of art that I would like to see again - so Grandy's sterling archaeological work here has reunited me with several forgotten and not-so-forgotten gems from an age before what we call "social media" became the world's primary portal to internet content. I think I was probably funnier back then, but I was also way more of an edgelord, and I had more spare time than I do now, as well. :mortlol
Benvolio
Vorticon Elite

Post by Benvolio »

Great work Grandy02! Some legendary stuff there. The early 2000s (and tail end of 1990s) were in many ways a simpler and more innocent time (at least from the perspective of using one's computer). Some of those jokes would not do so well nowadays... some of the subject matter you covered was so out there it was censored off the explicit version of the Marshall Mathers LP.
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

Benvolio wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 14:52 Some of those jokes would not do so well nowadays... some of the subject matter you covered was so out there it was censored off the explicit version of the Marshall Mathers LP.
I did a LOT of 9/11 jokes back then. At least they were still somewhat relevant, but jeez, I certainly found a thread and just kept pulling it lol
Grandy02
Vortininja

Post by Grandy02 »

Benvolio wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 14:52 Great work Grandy02! Some legendary stuff there.
Thanks. :) It was an inspiring trip to the past.

Out of the many "new" things (i.e. old stuff I never saw before or forgot about), I've to say that Post-Ironic Pig is one of my favourites, with its cheesy retro-style characters dealing with modern times while using few words. Eager to see the remaining episodes, If they're still around.
As a consequence of "reading" those comics, whenever I see characters with "Pac-Man" eyes now, I can't help but check whether the pupils are facing to the right or left. Including TmsT's recent "Bimbofication" picture. :D
PCKF Archive - The Keen Community's Past (and Present) | grandy02.shikadi.net
Spikenexus
Vortininja

Post by Spikenexus »

Awesome preservation work as always Grandy.

TMST, your creations back in the early-mid 2000s were a mega influence on my interests and sense of humor growing up. It's great to see so much of your work in one place to look back on.

I still maintain that the loss of Disco Keen is one the greatest tragedies of the modern era.
jmfmagnum
Vortininja

Post by jmfmagnum »

OH having flashbacks already hope the duke doom and keen videos are there
Toomuchsparetime
Vortigaunt Elite

jmfmagnum wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:02 OH having flashbacks already hope the duke doom and keen videos are there
They're on Newgrounds! Scroll down to 2009: https://tmst.newgrounds.com/movies/
jmfmagnum
Vortininja

Post by jmfmagnum »

Toomuchsparetime wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:09
jmfmagnum wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 3:02 OH having flashbacks already hope the duke doom and keen videos are there
They're on Newgrounds! Scroll down to 2009: https://tmst.newgrounds.com/movies/
Took the chance to see the duke forever one ,the 2001 leak put it on my mind god the nostalgia and the regret of never learning to properly use flash