How much is an original Armageddon Machine 3.5 floppy disk worth?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
monkey5465
Meep

How much is an original Armageddon Machine 3.5 floppy disk worth?

Post by monkey5465 »

Hi guys,
While cleaning through old storage, I found an original Commander keen Armageddon Machine 3.5 floppy disk in great condition. I was thinking about selling it on Ebay or something. Do you guys have any idea how much this disk is worth?

Quillax
Vorticon Elite

Re: How much is an original Armageddon Machine 3.5 floppy disk worth?

Post by Quillax »

Welcome to PCKF, monkey5465!

Wow, that's so cool! Did you test to see if it works? What version of the game it is? If I remember correctly, the info should be visible on the start-up screen (the one with the dark blue background and purple boxes). I'm not really an expert on the pricing stuff, but I'm sure some people would pay a lot of money for it, because it seems extremely rare. I've never seen anything like that sold on eBay; usually people just sell episodes 1 and 4 there. Someone is selling floppy disks of all six Keen episodes (plus a few other goodies) for $900 (yes, really!), which is perhaps excessive, since it's been on eBay for quite a while. I also saw someone selling several Apogee floppy disks (including Keen:Galaxy) for at least $300.
Quillax Ship - Where you can download all of my cool, keen mods and super-marvelous fangames!