Where to get legal copy of Keen 6?

Here, you can get help with anything or just chat about the original Commander Keen games.
q 90
Vortininja

Post by q 90 »

Well Keen Dreams isn't technically freeware at the moment, since you can still buy it from DownloadStore (the current incarnation of SoftDisk).

You know what we should do? Call up Atari's attorneys and seriously/formally request information on the rights to Aliens Ate My Babysitter, find out the price, raise money to purchase it, and release it as freeware. Of course this is MUCH easier said than done. But I did form an LLC recently to keep track of my copyrights, so this could be done as a legitimate business request.
Member since 2003, with breaks of varying longevity interspersed.
StupidBunny
format c:

Post by StupidBunny »

[quote="q 90"]You know what we should do? Call up Atari's attorneys and seriously/formally request information on the rights to Aliens Ate My Babysitter, find out the price, raise money to purchase it, and release it as freeware.[quote]

d00d, that would be awesome. I mean, I already have Keen 6 (I don't know if it's legally or not...my dad said he didn't remember paying for it :P ) but it's awfully inconvenient for those who don't own it to be unable to acquire it legally.

Let's have a benefit concert.
q 90
Vortininja

Post by q 90 »

Let's have a benefit concert.
Yeah man! KeenAid. That would be awesome. I know a few local bands that I'm sure wouldn't mind playing... except they suck. I'm sure there's other ways of raising money though.
KeenRush
Android Dummy

Post by KeenRush »

Ah, the ol' money rising trick. Has been suggested before and hasn't really taken wings, as we can see. :) KeenAid, yeah, that'd rock! :punk I could play some keenpunk. :dopekeen Not that I have any skills, but wouldn't probably matter.
My newest mod - Commander Keen: Sunset: viewtopic.php?t=8568 | codename H.Y.E.N.A.
givemeyoursoul
Meep

keen 1-5 legally availible on steam

Post by givemeyoursoul »

You can buy keen 1-5 on steam. Right now the whole pack is half off, making it $3 with tax total for all 5 games. Already dosboxed and ready to go. Pay, download, and play!
www.steampowered.com

All id software is half off in fact, and the everything Id has published pack is only 35+tax. That is a lot of games!
Anyway check it out.
I registered just to tell you people this. How many people are going to flame a commander keen forum? Open replies make drive-by linking like this easier=)

Edit:Just noticed the pack was already mentioned. Oh well. I still claim my post has valid info, as I informed you of the new low weekend price=)
q 90
Vortininja

Post by q 90 »

Wait, why are there two "where to get Keen 6" threads anyway? What the hell?
Sciz CT
Council Janitor

Post by Sciz CT »

Darned if I know. But for what it's worth, a handful of people bought Keen because I mentioned the deal on a couple of other forums.