Stanley Kubric's 2001: A Space Odyssey

Discuss your favorite movies, books, and music here or just lounge around and see what other people think is classy.
RoboBlue
It's that one guy.

Post by RoboBlue »

KeenRush wrote:
RoboBlue wrote:(what did the apes and the star-child have to do with anything?)
The apes were early human ancestors whom the monolith started to guide to and on the path of early consciousness and intelligence, the way they were designed to do (the monoliths); to travel around in space and start helping life forms with some potential. The star-child was that astronaut Dave(?) after he was made something above human. Obviously. :dopekeen If I remember it all right...
In the fourth book they find out that he was downloaded into a monolith (somehow), and when they pull him out he's perfectly normal.
kuliwil
Blue-tongued Yorp

Post by kuliwil »

RoboBlue wrote:
KeenRush wrote:
The apes were early human ancestors whom the monolith started to guide to and on the path of early consciousness and intelligence, the way they were designed to do (the monoliths); to travel around in space and start helping life forms with some potential. The star-child was that astronaut Dave(?) after he was made something above human. Obviously. :dopekeen If I remember it all right...
In the fourth book they find out that he was downloaded into a monolith (somehow), and when they pull him out he's perfectly normal.
*spoiler alert*
"Hi, I'm Tom Sellick's moustache."
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Re: Stanley Kubric's 2001: A Space Odyssey

Post by KeenEmpire »

kuliwil wrote: I've never taken drugs before, but now I've watched that movie I feel that I have
actually, yeah lol
kuliwil wrote:And is it normal to feel like there is almost nothing to live for after watching it?
Well, check out the book, the ape part is more purposeful or whatever
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image
KeenEmpire
Intellectuality

Post by KeenEmpire »

RoboBlue wrote:
KeenRush wrote:
Yeah the books have largely little to do with each other
"In order to ensure our security, and continuing stability, the Kingdom has been reorganized into the First Vorticon Intellectuality!" Image